1974 SuperCab

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Feb 19, 2011
FILLMORE CA
So I ended up buying a 1974 supercab right around a month ago in Phoenix Az. The plan.... Beams, links , 4.0s , 6.2ls ,4l80e ,40s, keep most of the frame , and yes air conditioning. The truck ran and drove surprisingly well when I picked it up. So I cut it in half and gutted it.

Attachments

Feb 19, 2011
FILLMORE CA
So far I have made beam pivots, motor mounts, trans mounts , and some of the cage . The engine is mounted and is pushed back around 16/17''. The Cage is 2' 120 wall main and 1 3/4 .095 for the rest. The parts list is slowly growing.... New ish 6.2 engine, built trans , cbr radiator and fans , McQueen glass, 3mastercraft seats, artcarr shifter, 2.5 bms front hubs, steering wheel. Slowly working on it . Waiting on the headliner to come in so I could finish the cage. Also Waiting on the wheels so I could start the front and rear suspension.

Attachments

Feb 19, 2011
FILLMORE CA
Fuck yeah man! Love it already!

Plans to race it, just play, maybe both? Dune truck only, desert truck only, "HOONIGAN" only, pussy getter only? hahaha

All of the above! hahaha

Nice! What material thickness for plate on beam mounts and trans mounts? 1/4? or 3/16"?

Also love how you took backhalf and made a trailer. Why not!

Oh, and what happened to the 66?

3/16 and 1/8

Trailer got towed :,(

$old :,,,( I told my$elf I would never $ell it but everything ha$ a price.$$.

Have you built one of these before? You have some serious confidence fully burning in those mounts before everything is laid out! Hahah.
Love the trailer. Your work looks clean too, rock on lml, ,lml
Built a few other older trucks. All of the frames are very similar. But yea probably shount have fully welded them. I started a little bead and it looked so good I just couldn't stop. hahha
Thanks!

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds