1994 TTB Ranger (kind of build)

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

stevyboy

Oct 12, 2010
Long Beach
www.youtube.com
I like how you roll, brakes only slow you down any way. *Camper pro tip* set it on a stack of pallets or build a platform to set it on so your jacks and camper aren’t always holding the weight. My Bigfoot is a 87’ and is still in pretty good shape for its age. Only downfall is finding a place for them when on the truck.
Yea. It's one of those things I've been 'meaning' to do haha. I have a bunch of pallets at work. Maybe I'll just do it tonight. Thanks man.

stevyboy

Oct 12, 2010
Long Beach
www.youtube.com
Ya know I just remembered this, but I have a fuel pressure gage in my tool box that i carry with the truck on all trips.We could look at your fuel pressure next time if you want at KOH. No rush of course.Oh, and clean your damn air filter! Hahaha
I have one too haha. It came on the truck and I took it off. I didn't like a fuel line going directly into the truck. But your right and something else I will start carrying in the truck. Doesn't do me any good sitting in the garage when I could have easily just tested it out there.

04yfzkid

I are smarts
Mar 21, 2007
Flagstaff, AZ
I guess I am the only one that thinks poly mounts on a street/off road truck is a bad choice. BUT I do like my trucks smooth and quiet. Poly bushings transfer SO MUCH more vibration and noise.
They do but it noticeably more evident on an inline motor. A V motor balances out a lot more. With stock mounts on a ranger holding on to the shifter, more than once, I smacked my leg and the passengers leg. I used to have to wait a second after I pushed in the clutch to shift. Once I finally installed the autofab motor mounts is was the best mod I did to the truck. It's like having shitty electronics that you consistently smack to make it work good and finally buy a replacement wondering why you waited so long.

Not much to add to the build but the video's are always awesome to watch stevyoy!

Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
motor stalling issue could also be in the ECU . are you a obI or obII? a tuner could fix that along with some other goodies.

you need to build a sub frame to tie in your beam mounts and frame. I have one on every front end i have had on my truck. I will see if i can post up what i did. it ties in the radius arm mounts up to the sub frame beam mounts. keeps things together and a food way to mount a skid plate under the trans.

stevyboy

Oct 12, 2010
Long Beach
www.youtube.com
They do but it noticeably more evident on an inline motor. A V motor balances out a lot more. With stock mounts on a ranger holding on to the shifter, more than once, I smacked my leg and the passengers leg. I used to have to wait a second after I pushed in the clutch to shift. Once I finally installed the autofab motor mounts is was the best mod I did to the truck. It's like having shitty electronics that you consistently smack to make it work good and finally buy a replacement wondering why you waited so long. Not much to add to the build but the video's are always awesome to watch stevyoy!
Thanks man, having fun with the video's myself. It's always fun to look back on a trip before the next one. Sounds like everyone's on the same page with the motor mounts. My truck has the hurst shifter with a pool ball grip. It's going to sounds pretty bad but I didn't even realize my trans mount was completely destroyed haha. Everything felt normal. Even driving it all the way home. I'm pretty sure it was mostly broke before the trip haha.

stevyboy

Oct 12, 2010
Long Beach
www.youtube.com
motor stalling issue could also be in the ECU . are you a obI or obII? a tuner could fix that along with some other goodies.you need to build a sub frame to tie in your beam mounts and frame. I have one on every front end i have had on my truck. I will see if i can post up what i did. it ties in the radius arm mounts up to the sub frame beam mounts. keeps things together and a food way to mount a skid plate under the trans.
Thats a rad idea and I'm going take you up on that idea. Giant makes a little cross brace but I think what you had described would work out better in the end. It may be more of a pain in the ass to work on a few things but I think it'll be worth it in the end and hopefully mean I don't have to work on said things as much...

stevyboy

Oct 12, 2010
Long Beach
www.youtube.com
So with the front end torn we were able to get the subframe straight. Bending it back revieled the cracks more so and I went in and then cut out the crack and welded it all back up. I'm going to try and clean up the booger welds and add a few gussets, paint the bitch and put it all back together.

With the front end torn down it was time to dig into the 3rd member and see how bad and why the E-clip had broken. Did a quick inspection of the gears and no teeth were missing so I called it good. Going to try and do the Eclip eliminator on it. I really don't want to have to tear this down again for a while. I'm thinking the issue is that when I took the truck 4 wheeling in big bear it was binding up on the through hole of the passenger side beam and pulling the axle outward... maybe. I really have no idea. In the pictures you can see that the E-clip had been bent inward as if the axle was pulling itself out. I've never had an issue from regular driving and it only happened after I took the truck on it's first/only 4x4 trip.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds