1994 TTB Ranger (kind of build)

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

mounty71

Mega Member
Oct 18, 2007
San Francisco

stevyboy

Oct 12, 2010
Long Beach
www.youtube.com
You mean a spring? That's what I did too. I actually have a spare spring if you want it Steve, and also a brand new Yukon E-clip I accidentally ordered if you just want to stick with that. This is what I did:http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/c-clip-eliminator-made-easy.256302/
Where did you purchase the spring from? Same as this guy or through Mcmaster? It honestly will probably be cheaper to just order it rather then try and get one shipped from you up north. But if I have trouble finding it I'll let you know. So just to clarify you do not have any issues with it leaking? the Spring in strong enough to hold continuous force.

crazyracer

Tres Cuatro Tacos
Sep 27, 2006
Pacific Beach, CA
I bought P/N: EC-69621655730 from small engine warehouse

http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com/searchresults.html?search=EC-69621655730

If you can't get any, I have 4 extra cuz I didn't want to look for them ever again.

McMaster Shaft Collar: 6436K42 Clamping Two-Piece Shaft Collar for 1-3/8" Diameter, 303 Stainless Steel
^That's the baller stainless one. They make cheaper carbon steel ones too.

stevyboy

Oct 12, 2010
Long Beach
www.youtube.com
No real leaks. A little moisture around the outside, but nothing more than I see around my diff bolts anyway.
I just now copy and pasted that Part number into a google search and put amazon behind it.. both items popped up and I ordered them. At least I know I can get what I need and start putting my pumpkin back together. If I need to get the spring sooner I'll hit you up but I think I should be fine because Now I can put the axle back in later.

mounty71

Mega Member
Oct 18, 2007
San Francisco
Ya I ordered from the same place as in that thread. No leaks that I've noticed so far. It does cause the passenger shaft to press on the back of the spindle more than normal, so I'm wondering if that seal back there will wear faster than normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevyboy

Oct 12, 2010
Long Beach
www.youtube.com
Ya I ordered from the same place as in that thread. No leaks that I've noticed so far. It does cause the passenger shaft to press on the back of the spindle more than normal, so I'm wondering if that seal back there will wear faster than normal. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All of this sounds like a win win in my took. If I only have to tear it down once a year I'm good.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds