Fired up the Coors Aided Design program and got the rear shocks mounted. There's a little bit of everything to make DR happy such as awful motion ratio, and some single shear mounting.
Slapped some tabs on the axle, yeah I bitched out and ordered them. To this point I had been sawing everything out of crusty .188 plate.
Bump it out, push the top eye to the floor and you get the glorious bro lean seen here. Wheel spacers accentuating the giant King stickers nicely.
Obviously I hate this, but I screwed around all summer building drag cars and compromises are being made to get this thing in the dirt. I figure the upper mounts better be bolt on to facilitate easy disposal of this nonsense. Right about here is where I was wishing I had just built another pickup truck.
I was tempted to leave it like that, but it had fatigue failure written all over it, so I added a few more mounting points.
And somehow that whole ugly mess actually unbolted and could be removed
I'll church it up a bit when I weld it up and add a few gussets. Holes will be drilled live in the side plates once it warps to death after welding and I beat it back into its home.
Installed it without a hammer, took a shower in some hot chips, and bolted it down. Thankful to be out from under that area of the truck.
Had a little time left so I welded up the shackles in a mediocre fashion. Wish i had a tig, these would have looked a little better.
Hoping to drive it around this weekend. Need to swap my locker to the 3.73 diff, burn the shock mounts on the axle, and assemble the rear suspension. Fenders are going to need some trimming so i'll probably try to handle that too. Goal is to get it in the dirt next weekend.