2000 Toyota Taco

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

TMorf

Did the Baja
Nov 23, 2005
San Marcos, CA
A few people already know I picked this up, so I figured it was time to make a thread. I decided to sell the race truck because I have no desire to keep up with the Joneses in 1450 and fun runs/prerunning are a lot more fun and way less stressful. When I made that call, I started looking for an early 2000s Tacoma that was mildly built so I could put my own spin on it. The first truck I looked at turned out to be the one even though it has an "overland expedition" vibe to it. The specs are below, but I have never seen a desert truck this clean and my dad (former Toyota Master Tech) said he had seen maybe 1 or 2 stock trucks this clean roll through his bay.

The truck is a 2000 Tacoma Extra Cab with a 3.4 automatic with TRD Gen 2 Supercharger with URD 7th injector and computer tune. Front end has an ESB kit with a 2.5" Fox CO. Rear end has ??? Deavers, not the usual Toyota pack since these are made to be loaded down and sit super high unless the bed is loaded down, DMZ shackles and 2.25" SAWs under the bed. 16" Level 8 rims with 35" BFG ATs all around. Currently has dual yellow top Optimas under the hood. The kicker for me was a stainless steel 32 gallon auxiliary tank with its own pump and filler neck so it wont throw up a red flag during smog. The dude's dad was a fabricator for Coca Cola so there are a ton of awesome stainless, tig welded brackets for just about everything. Truck still has the full, unmolested bed for now. The roof rack doesn't have 5 Hellas or the storage box anymore, but Im going to tweak it to fit my Hella lightbar and toss a Tent Cot and whatever else up there. The fenders are lined with Line X on the inside so they don't wobble at speed. Im still not too sure about keeping the canvas camper shell, but its starting to grow on me. There are no rear seats, they were taken out in favor of a luggage rack (for lack of a better term). The pic below was used in the for sale ad, the second is how it looks when I picked it up.

All that I have done so far is install a race radio. I picked it up two weekends ago, did a bolt and bearing check and took it out to Ocotillo the next weekend. Its obviously not race truck speed, but even with the small shocks under the bed in the rear, it was surprisingly quick. The supercharger is pretty fun.

May 9, 2004
San Diego
Wow that sucker looks clean I think extra cab 3.4L SC'd auto taco is one of my dream trucks. Looks like a good start anymore pics? Did you sell the ranger or is it still on the market?

TMorf

Did the Baja
Nov 23, 2005
San Marcos, CA
Wow that sucker looks clean I think extra cab 3.4L SC'd auto taco is one of my dream trucks. Looks like a good start anymore pics? Did you sell the ranger or is it still on the market?
Nice truck dude! Always loved those supercharged 3.4's looks like a fun truck! Did you sell your ranger?
The Ranger is still for sale. Lots of interest but 99% are flakes or idiots who don't know how to read a whole ad.

I'm glad that truck went to a good home. The owner was super cool and really took care of that truck. Great buy.
Yeah, I gave him a deposit and he held on to it for 4 months. Why he did that, I don't know. I must have convinved him I was gonna treat it right.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds