2000 Toyota Taco

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

TMorf

Did the Baja
Nov 23, 2005
San Marcos, CA
Took a few more pictures today after I installed a new intake that came with the truck. Batteries will be moved eventually.

Rear seats were removed for this rack. The seat belt is still there to harness my dog down when she's with me.

Forgot it had a sub and amp too.

Command center.

Unmolested bed. The bulkhead plugs at the front left are for whatever I put on the roof rack.

Rear end set up with the 32 gallon auxiliary tank. I want to put a matching fuel door in the bedside eventually but that's a ways off.

TMorf

Did the Baja
Nov 23, 2005
San Marcos, CA
For anyone that's thinking about a supercharger, they are a pain in the dick to smog even though theyre legal. I have the stock intake for this thing and it was tempting to throw it back on, but I eventually got it to pass a few hundred bucks later...

Nothing much to update. I finally got new yellow tops in thanks to Alon after waiting to install them after the smog so the codes didn't disappear. I found a matching rim online that was shipped to my door for 50$ and threw a practically new BFG MT I got from a member on here on it so I have 2 matching spares. The roof rack was in the middle of being modified when I bought the truck so it is just the lower half covered in chicken wire. I am going to try to keep it as low as possible, about the height of a packed up Tent Cot and folding table, so I don't have a sail blowing around. I also snagged a couple Rigid work lights at the swapmeet to put on each side. Last week I got a trail shade from Smittybilt that's not half bad as well as a Trasharoo. My spares are flat so I just cinched up the straps and ran it on the tailgate.

I don't really plan on touching the truck until it gets too hot for the desert, just driving it and enjoying not having to fill up a tow pig, race truck, gas cans, load the trailer, spares yada yada.

TMorf

Did the Baja
Nov 23, 2005
San Marcos, CA
My experience with first gen tacos is those K&n's give more trouble than the blower does. What were you failing smog on nox or HC's?and what fuel mods are on the truck??
The K&N came off after two days because it threw a code almost instantly haha. Put the stocker back on and it was good. It didn't fail smog on NOX or HCs, one shop was telling me it was about to throw a code for this and that, so I took it to my dad's shop because he used to be a Toyota Master Tech and it was for something completely different. Passed no problem after a new O2 sensor and cats... As for fuel mods it has a whole URD 7th injector setup and piggyback ECU.

TMorf

Did the Baja
Nov 23, 2005
San Marcos, CA
Sold my 1450 truck but kept the Lowrance 540C GPS, PCI intercom and a few other things. Any of the Tacoma guys have pictures of how they mounted either of those? I don't want to cut into the stock dash or floor console so Im pretty limited on options. Only thing I can think of is expanding on the panel between the center of the dash and the floor console where I currently have a bunch of switches. Other thing I was considering is a Ram mount until the truck gets caged.

Also picked up a light bar with 4 Hella 4000 HID lights that will be added to the roof rack along with some Rigid work lights off the side and a Hella dust light out back.

TMorf

Did the Baja
Nov 23, 2005
San Marcos, CA
Bad ass truck tmorf!
Thanks dude. Should have it pretty dialed for a bunch of runs once it starts to cool down.

Not exactly a tacoma or simple but its a suggestion. Only downside on mine was you have to look up to view the screen. I wouldn't go through the trouble though if a cage is in your future.
I remember that mount and it was the first thing that came to mind but I know they aren't sold anywhere. Im 6'4" so it would more or less be looking forward haha.

BAJAtundra11

Sep 2, 2007
South Bay
Thanks dude. Should have it pretty dialed for a bunch of runs once it starts to cool down.

I remember that mount and it was the first thing that came to mind but I know they aren't sold anywhere. Im 6'4" so it would more or less be looking forward haha.
Haha yea it would be custom dealio, I wish I kept mine but its caged now

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds