2000 Toyota Taco

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

TMorf

Did the Baja
Nov 23, 2005
San Marcos, CA
Wanted to get an OBD scanner for a while, got one on Amazon that came with the Bluetooth scanner as well. Bought a cheap Amazon tablet, Ram style mount and an OBD app. Still haven't messed around with the gauges but there are a ton available.

Cleaned up the lightbar I bought a few weeks ago.

Also picked up some MaxTrax, or whatever theyre called, style sand ladders to mount on the roof rack. Working on getting some PRP seats for the classifieds otherwise I'm gonna get some Beards.

TMorf

Did the Baja
Nov 23, 2005
San Marcos, CA
Basically bought Tommy's old back half off the Long Weiny. T100 axle, bedcage, and the storage rack I didn't really need since I have the roof rack but I got a killer deal. I'll probably use it for a roof top tent and make it usable on this truck and my F150 chase truck. Axle has the same gear ratio I have already and a lunchbox locker so I'm just missing the E locker compared to the Taco rear end which is no big deal.

Last edited:

TMorf

Did the Baja
Nov 23, 2005
San Marcos, CA
Wow... someone put some time into that. Super clean and functional. As stated above, K&N intakes with that year does nothing but cause issues.
Yeah I still talk to the guy I bought it from and I can tell he misses it, but at least it went to a good home. Ditto on the K&N, I'm sticking with an opened up stock air box and dry filter. Luckily it sold on Craigslist in two hours even after putting that in my ad haha.

Thats clean. Would be perfect if it was 4wd.
It's got a locker and I'm slowly getting it out of "overland" mode so it will be fine for what I am going to use it for.

How about some more pics of this pile!?
Doesn't look any different, it's just been some minor installs and a ton of parts hoarding.

TMorf

Did the Baja
Nov 23, 2005
San Marcos, CA
Aaaaand more crap for the parts pile. Thanks to BTF Brandon for the killer deal. Pulled the third member and axles out of the rear end to get the third checked out and the axles had some signs of stress so ordered some new ones. Decided to get the housing sand blasted so we can put a small truss on it and weld up some tabs for new brake lines. Should have everything ready to go within a couple weeks.

TMorf

Did the Baja
Nov 23, 2005
San Marcos, CA
Everything for the rear end is back and ready to assemble which will go together as soon as there is room in my buddy's shop. Rather than try to make the Tacoma work for camping and prerunning trips, I picked up a 1947 military trailer. It's just big enough to haul a good amount of camping gear without loading the truck bed at all. Haven't done much since I took the picture other than a bearing check, new tires, matching spare and a piece of carpet on the back tailgate to replace the piece that fell off. Plan is to use it as a base camp and possibly take it to Baja to run stationary pits and take on surf trips once I get an RTT on the rack. It's really light so the V6 doesn't have any trouble tugging it around.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds