4 link set up help.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

ratboy93

Mar 1, 2010
alta loma
Hey everyone im getting ready to start the chassis work on my 05 chevy 1500 crew cab. im looking for some help with anyone that has linked there trucks as well. so my truck is designed and set up to run 40's. i would like to shorten my wheelbase to get close to 140" as it sits right now im 147". i have 15.5" front the front of the 40" tire to the rear of the cab at stock wheelbase. ive been searching out links but have run into some trouble with the spread of link pivot to first shock pocket on the link. the longest spread on a 55" link i have found is kibbetech at 32" or camburg @ 29". there is a huge difference in price as well. i have my rear shocks and rear end and cell.

im curious about all you linked guys setups. how much ride height did you leave at full bump for tire rollout? did you shorten your wheelbase? what links did you use? what truck? etc..
any help or insight is appreciated. want to get a head start on my links as most peoples turn around on the links is a month.

ratboy93

Mar 1, 2010
alta loma
i would prefer to stay with a traditional 4 link. i have my shocks already too. 3.0x16 c/o and 18" 4.4 bypass. the biggest issue is the links. im pretty sure im going to have to get a custom set made. like i mention i would like to take 7" out of my wheelbase, so im thinking if i can get a 55" trailing arm that has a spread of roughly 39" from uniball to first shock pocket i think that will keep my shocks mostly out of the cab.

85yota

TT Motorsports
Nov 18, 2004
Phoenix, AZ
I have some 60 inch links that i modify down to 55inch that put the coilover only 24inch from the rear heim.

How long from center of axle to the cab is it when you shorten the truck up to where you want it?

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds