4 link set up help.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Actually the motion ratio will be lower making life easier on the shocks. Problem then is light springs and getting enough low speed damping out of them to ride nice.
Thanks for correcting that. I was about to say the same. Shock damping is gonna be more effective closer to 1:1.

I would think that a fullsize 4 seater would be plenty heavy enough as long as he doesn't go all the way to axle, right?

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
on my crew cab silverado i ran a shock pretty far back. 12" from the center of the axle. i got about 24" of usable travel out of a 3.0 x 18" coil over. tuning wasnt too much of an issue. finding light enough springs was a task but it worked really well for only being a coilover.

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
^^^^ That's still a little over 1.3-1 Not bad but doable with a single shock. Now add a BP on behind it. It will have a motion ratio down pretty close to 1-1. The spring rate from the N2 pressure will be enough to drop your coil rate. Not to mention the low speed damping. It would need a large cell and dual spares with a tool box all hung off the back to even remotely make it work well.

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
i had room between my coilover and the back of the cab for another shock. so if he put the bypass where my coilover was and a coilover infront of it i think hed be fine. hard to tell with my bed in the way but heres an idea of what mine looked like on a crew cab.

Attachments

Last edited:

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
he doesnt have to use a 20" bypass. if he were to put a 18" bypass where my coilover was he could get the same travel numbers and then put a 16" coilover infront of it.

Feb 24, 2003
Las Vegas
I'm only on 35's with 15" up travel from ride and 14" of droop from ride and I've got a TON of ground clearance at full bump. Enough that I've never bothered measuring cause it's a LOT. Granted I do sit a little high compared to all the cool kids in 2018... Obviously I have c/o's mounted in front of the bypass shock in the picture normally...
IMAG0660_resized.jpg
IMAG0667_resized.jpg

ratboy93

Mar 1, 2010
alta loma
^^^^ That's still a little over 1.3-1 Not bad but doable with a single shock. Now add a BP on behind it. It will have a motion ratio down pretty close to 1-1. The spring rate from the N2 pressure will be enough to drop your coil rate. Not to mention the low speed damping. It would need a large cell and dual spares with a tool box all hung off the back to even remotely make it work well.
I do have a 70 gallon cell and will have two 40” spares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds