83-88 Ford Ranger front glass questions

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Oct 5, 2012
Clovis, CA
I've looked for a little while now, but haven't come up with anything. Are there any companies out there making front glass for these trucks in say a flat top 5" wide non conversion. I really like the look of my grill and want to see if there are options for wider, better looking fenders.

Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
pretty limited. you have autofab, fiberwerx, hannaman and the "new" glass works. i forget the new name. they range frome 2" to 4" then fiberwerx/mcniel new glase works makes a 6" i think. there have not been any new molds made since 1990.

road runner is making a new type but it is a 1 piece that is a combo raptor/ gen 2 ranger grill. not bad but i dont think i would want a 1 piece with rasied fenders. and i am not sure on the width.

i would be interested on making some custom glass with someone. most glass shops charge 4 to 5 sets to make a custom mold. so 2 to 5 people going in on a design would be cost effective. if all can agree.

Oct 5, 2012
Clovis, CA
pretty limited. you have autofab, fiberwerx, hannaman and the "new" glass works. i forget the new name. they range frome 2" to 4" then fiberwerx/mcniel new glase works makes a 6" i think. there have not been any new molds made since 1990.

road runner is making a new type but it is a 1 piece that is a combo raptor/ gen 2 ranger grill. not bad but i dont think i would want a 1 piece with rasied fenders. and i am not sure on the width.

i would be interested on making some custom glass with someone. most glass shops charge 4 to 5 sets to make a custom mold. so 2 to 5 people going in on a design would be cost effective. if all can agree.
I like this. I currently have glassworks fenders which are nice, but I want something a little wider (not taller). I believe there were some members on here, awhile back, doing this same thing, but with the 89-92 grill styles. I would be in if we could get a couple other people to do this also. What company would you lean more towards to do something like this?

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds