89 Ranger 4x4

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

GahnRacing

Bonsai Trimmer
Oct 5, 2012
Clovis, CA
So I figured I'll start to take the Turboyota approach on my thread updates

Mirror Mounts

Hours: 3.5 (still not done)

Beverages: Miller Lite x5 (won't buy that shit again

Music: None (border line psychopath)

Foot ware: Coca Cola aproove boots

Tools: grinder, die grinder, drill press, tubing bender

Explotives yelled: cocksucker x3 (using 1" die to bend 3/4 tubing, warped)

Weld: Mig triggerin

Was the drunk achieved: Negative (some what.. refer to beverage choice for clarification)
IMG_1173.JPG
IMG_1174.JPG
IMG_1175.JPG
IMG_1176.JPG
IMG_1169.JPG

I still want to add a leg to the front

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
I am digging the plate-based welded-on mirror mounts—have not seen them done like that before, but I really like ‘em! Charlie Brown’s riveted offerings are damn nice as well.

Documentation is superb!

Miller Lite is an odd beverage choice. For the same price point you could have enjoyed the ever-popular Coors Light; alternatively, if saving a few bucks was the goal, Keystone Light would have provided similar ‘drunk achievement’ results on a tighter budget.

Edit: the 1” cocksucker die produced fairly decent results on the 3/4” tube. I don’t see any readily apparent shittiness.

GahnRacing

Bonsai Trimmer
Oct 5, 2012
Clovis, CA
I am digging the plate-based welded-on mirror mounts—have not seen them done like that before, but I really like ‘em! Charlie Brown’s riveted offerings are damn nice as well.

Documentation is superb!

Miller Lite is an odd beverage choice. For the same price point you could have enjoyed the ever-popular Coors Light; alternatively, if saving a few bucks was the goal, Keystone Light would have provided similar ‘drunk achievement’ results on a tighter budget.

Edit: the 1” cocksucker die produced fairly decent results on the 3/4” tube. I don’t see any readily apparent shittiness.
I may grind the weld flat to make them transition better into the door

The Miller was $22 for 36 pack, so it intrigued my interest

That's because those 2 bends were the 4th and 5th attempts lol

Oct 5, 2012
Clovis, CA
That turned out rad! I think I can make my 2.9 work with 31s since you’re running one with 35s haha
You'll be plenty fine. I'm running 5.13's and it moves pretty good. Only thing I would suggest, which I haven't done yet, is run the 4.0 clutch/flywheel. The 2.9 one seems to want to slip a lot. I'm hoping it makes an improvement. The 2.9 is where it's at, let the naysayers naysay.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds