92 F1 Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Dec 19, 2013
San Diego
love watching the vids guys keep up the great work
Thanks man! Can't wait to see both the trucks rippin'!

Hell yea doods!

Jake, what’s your major at UCSD ?
Right now I am undeclared but I'm taking all the prerequisites for Aerospace Engineering at the moment. I'm going to be doing some kind of engineering. My end goal is to have a job where I am designing and building stuff.

maxwell279

Expert Member
Jan 2, 2012
Lakeside, CA
www.instagram.com

Right now I am undeclared but I'm taking all the prerequisites for Aerospace Engineering at the moment. I'm going to be doing some kind of engineering. My end goal is to have a job where I am designing and building stuff.
Right on that’s awesome! What year are you in?

I’m in a construction engineering program currently at SDSU thus why I was interested.

I’d love to come check out the truck sometime hopefully in the dirt !

Dec 19, 2013
San Diego
Right on that’s awesome! What year are you in?

I’m in a construction engineering program currently at SDSU thus why I was interested.

I’d love to come check out the truck sometime hopefully in the dirt !
Thats rad man, I know a lot of people going there. I am a freshman. Goal is to have the truck done by new years, if you see us out there come say whats up!

Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
like the videos. what materiel are you planing on ruining for the brake lines. I have not had much long term luck with solid mounting the exhaust with out a motor plate. went back to some rubber flex type mounts a few years ago and have not had to touch it. nice work

Aug 18, 2008
San Diego, Ca
like the videos. what materiel are you planing on ruining for the brake lines. I have not had much long term luck with solid mounting the exhaust with out a motor plate. went back to some rubber flex type mounts a few years ago and have not had to touch it. nice work
Went and picked up stainless hardline and 69,000 -3 AN fittings and bulkheads to do the entire truck. I figured its a do it once and be done type of deal with the stainless. Definitely alot more that goes into stainless but to me its worth it. Exhuast isnt solid mounted. The motor is on poly mounts as well as the trans crossmember and the exhaust clamps I did to mount it comes off the trans crossmember so it should all move together

System

Aug 26, 2007

Love the build and your vlogs, keep them coming!

My 2 cents about engineering... I highly recommend Mechanical Engineering over Aerospace Engineering. An ME degree can be applied to any sort of engineering field out there, its really the only discipline of engineering that can do that. For example, I graduated with an ME and I work for Northrop Grumman as a Systems Engineer on a classified satellite program (basically all I can say about that). All of my engineering co-workers are ME's, have yet to meet an AE.

ME upper division classes mainly focus on mechanical properties of materials, different kinds of computer aided engineering softwares for design, finite element analysis etc. which seems to fall in line with what you want to do.

If you do commit to it, stay motivated and don't give up. Its a long road (seeing as your a freshman) but its worth it in the end, trust me. I highly suggest internships along the way to keep the fire lit, Northrop is hiring like crazy just to give you a heads up.

Dec 19, 2013
San Diego
Love the build and your vlogs, keep them coming!

My 2 cents about engineering... I highly recommend Mechanical Engineering over Aerospace Engineering. An ME degree can be applied to any sort of engineering field out there, its really the only discipline of engineering that can do that. For example, I graduated with an ME and I work for Northrop Grumman as a Systems Engineer on a classified satellite program (basically all I can say about that). All of my engineering co-workers are ME's, have yet to meet an AE.

ME upper division classes mainly focus on mechanical properties of materials, different kinds of computer aided engineering softwares for design, finite element analysis etc. which seems to fall in line with what you want to do.

If you do commit to it, stay motivated and don't give up. Its a long road (seeing as your a freshman) but its worth it in the end, trust me. I highly suggest internships along the way to keep the fire lit, Northrop is hiring like crazy just to give you a heads up.
This is super good info to know, I appreciate you taking the time to mention it! My first major choice was ME but it was capped as well. Right now I am doing all of my GEs and one major specific class, which is an aerospace class. Im going to look more into mechanical engineering and may have to switch to intro to Mechanical Engineering. Thank you man!

Dec 19, 2013
San Diego
Back onto the subject of the truck, Christian has been cranking away at getting stuff done and I have been trying to help when I can find time. Here is the latest video that highlights us finishing the exhaust, starting the brake lines, and making the skidplate for the front bumper. A huge shoutout goes to Tylor over at Kartek for taking the time to go through all the brake lines and figure out exactly what we need. Unfortunately, we did not get the flare tool for the brake lines in time for this video. However, Christian has cranked out a ton of the hardline since it has gotten here and that will be in the next video. I hope everyone enjoys !

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds