93 Single Cab Ranger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Aug 18, 2008
San Diego, Ca
What's the gain on autofabs beam mounts? They seem very popular. Just stronger then stock or does it serve more purposes
Just thicker. Ive seen stock beam mounts bend with enough abuse. I went in and added a little weld washer to them as well to hopefully make sure they never ovalize out too which is a known problem! No other advantages though as far as beam placement or anything like that

Ryan Weaver

Apr 10, 2013
SD (Santee)
Got the new napa ball joints in the spindles after them being installed wrong the first time. Don't have any pictures but everyone was saved besides one blue boot.

Got the spindles, rotors and wheels on to see how it looked with the glass. At the time i didn't know these rotors wouldn't fit because they're too damn big but yea fuck that

Glass rough mounted with the wheels on. Autofab hood all mounted with the dual gas struts to lift er up. Seeing where my new odyssey battery is gonna go, getting rid of the big ass leaky walmart special!

i really want a bug hahaha

Christian got started on the shock hoop and got the bumps tacked in

Super pumped on how christian was doing the shock hoop. We had gone back and forth on doing a gnarly engine cage with a core support or just doing a camburg engine cage but settled on something simple yet able to be tied into later for a cage, etc.

Ryan Weaver

Apr 10, 2013
SD (Santee)
Looks killer. Taking notes lol. What hubs are you running they look big!
Those are stock 89 - 97 knuckles. Not big hubs at all. Outer bearing is size of your thumb
Yep. actually wanna say they're "95-97" knuckles. I say this because they came with the beams, and they look way different than my old stock 93 knuckles. Brake kit i bought came with a bracket to mount them to the 93 spindles so i ended up having to use the old 95-97 bracket on the new calipers that went from single to dual piston brakes. After the caliper finally fit the damn spindle the brakes were too big at 11.25 inches, guess i needed a 10.28 inch rotor. got the smaller rotor for a "93" but the inner rear wheel bearing ended up being the same size as the outter and i didnt think that was all ideal when i had an option for a bigger inner bearing. Ended up having to get rotors for a 1995 ranger with 4 wheel abs and it has a bigger inner bearing and is the 10.28 size i needed.

I wish i could say the hubs looked big hahaha, considering ive never drove anything with long travel and this will be my DD for the time being with the occasional play, were doing stock spindles for now. Trucks pretty light and ill probably be pussy footin it for a bit especially with the stock rear till hopefully summer haha

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds