A Divorce in the Making...

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
So 4 years ago I had dreams of my badass Toyota with all the bells and whistles... I bought the rolling chasi from a guy in Vista/Oceanside that had a shop called Finish First Fab.. picked it up for $250

got it home and proceeded to tear it apart, Cut out all the unnecessary interior metal(Everything), Cut off all brackets and chopped off a few cross members.

Proceeded to move the cab back 3" using the stock body mounts modified and welded back on.

At this point i lost interest when I bought this F150

So I put the project up for sale with no interest from anyone on here, I ended up selling the project to my bestfriend PJ (PJ11 on here)
we moved the truck to his house where it sat for a very long time..ha

Shortly after PJ was in need of a roommate so I moved in and started working on the Yota again

Plated the frame rails forward of the cab top and outsides

Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
I got started on mounting the 22R and 5-speed... motor has a decent amount of LC parts and will be replaced down the road with either a 4.8 or 5.3 Chevy..

spent a day and came up with this to mount the tranny

The mascot for the build... glued right over the windshield..ha

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
At this point I was buying all the parts to build a custom 6.5" over with 4x spindle front end.... just never got the time to get it done

Ordered all the parts for the rear end
AllPro Baja 50T's
Chaos mounts
Ruff Stuff axle perchs

At this point i took a new job and left for Afghanistan for a few months..
PJ didnt want to have to make his own front end so he was able to make a purchase from another DR member

Camburg 6.5" over 2wd Race kit with wilwoods and 2.0'' hubs

a friend of PJ's owed him some money so he mounted up the front end for us in his free time,
converted the stock lower bushing to a uniball... so now running 1.0" uniballs on both inner lower mounts

So this is where it sits at the moment.. wating another couple weeks until we can get it back into the garage

Before we had the front end mounted we mounted up the allpro's and got the rear situated

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
The parts list as of right now sitting in the spare bedroom waiting to be assembled

Front
2.5" Fox Coilovers 12's
2.5" Fox 3-tube Bypasses 12's
2.0" Fox bumpstops

RonDavis radiator with dual spal fans
TotalChaos KingKong steering for 4x yota
Howe built 4x toyota Power steering box
Howe Ram assist
LC Eng. Short throw shifter

AllPro baja 50T's
32 Gal Fuel Safe Fuel cell

Factory Diskbrake ford 9" will be converting to 6 lug.... to get it rolling but then upgraded down the line to a floater

still alot of parts needed but its a start... will be purchasing tubing soon 1 3/4" 120.wall Chromo

maybe in another 4 years this truck will be finished
Thankfully PJ has lost complete interest in it..haha

PJ11

Jul 7, 2007
Yuma, AZ
I didnt think you were gonna actually make the title that. Hopefully in the next two weeks we will have plenty of updates as soon as the garage clears up

Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
This is the reason the Yota cant get back in the garage at the moment
Suzuki Samurai SJ410 pickup with OME lift springs
PJ in the bed, and myself on the dirtbike back in Glamis in spring of 2008?

to Spring over conversion using YJ Jeep leaf's, 2.0 Fox Resi shocks front and rear, Bucket seats,... still alot to button up, but should be mobile and driveable by this weekend.. can fit a 33 now but will most likely be running 31's or 32's.... Hes trying to steal my set of Ford Alcoa's to put on it but Im keeping my foot down! ha

Front

Rear

Seats mount

One day this will get a full cage, and chase truck rack with light bar over the cab....

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
Few pics of the parts sitting around...
Coilovers and Bypass's... will be trading the Piggyback Coilovers for Remote resi's and making Remote Resi's out of the Pickyback Bypass's

TC Steering, Howe Box and parts, Brake pedal, and rear end/axle plates

Ron Davis Radiator with Dual Spal fans

32 Gal Fuel Safe Fuel Cell

Jan 29, 2002
Yuma, Az
And still plugging away on the Samurai build.. Rear is finished completely
Finished the front end today

L/T Suzuki Samurai? ha... 2.0 Fox 12"s up front 10's in the rear.. and installed the High steer kit

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds