Abominable Snowman - Extra cab 4x4 ranger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

crazyracer

Tres Cuatro Tacos
Sep 27, 2006
Pacific Beach, CA
I will repo those wheels if you even think about powdercoat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha, no worries. I'm super stoked on the polished finish. Couldn't be happier.

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

I tried to get these for my 88 4runner. Could not get a set so ended up with methods... still on the look out for some. I like 15`s
I thought you could still buy these brand new? Just not beadlock.

jeepspeed

Mega Member
Dec 29, 2004
Phoenix Arizona
Oh man! First fancy wheels and now more cosmetics?!

Looks a million times better with just the smallest upgrades. I personally would of went with a chrome grille, but I’m biased. Nice job dan!

crazyracer

Tres Cuatro Tacos
Sep 27, 2006
Pacific Beach, CA
Oh man! First fancy wheels and now more cosmetics?!

Looks a million times better with just the smallest upgrades. I personally would of went with a chrome grille, but I’m biased. Nice job dan!

You read my mind! It's getting a chrome grill eventually. I just painted the one I had but it still needs a matching grill from 94. This grill is a 97.
I'd love to get the 94 2wd chrome grill.

crazyracer

Tres Cuatro Tacos
Sep 27, 2006
Pacific Beach, CA
Well, finally got to installing the uniballs at the beam pivots and pushing the lower BJ out 1/2" to help with the camber.
Also de-rusted, primed, and painted the beams again. Hoping it lasts longer with a better primer coat.

I must say. I fucking hated doing this job. The uniballs weren't so bad, but the ball joint portion sucked, as did the rust clean up.
I do not recommend tackling this unless you have some serious patience and a butt load of time to kill for marginal upgrades.
IMG_20181122_120525.jpg
IMG_20181122_121927.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds