Abominable Snowman - Extra cab 4x4 ranger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

crazyracer

Tres Cuatro Tacos
Sep 27, 2006
Pacific Beach, CA
Made the short trip up to Johnson Valley again for the weekend before new years. Only spent 1 full day plus two partial days in the dirt, but had a great time and got to show the lady around the area. The truck did great, per usual. Didn't turn a wrench :)
New tires feel awesome. So does the added up-travel after increasing the ride height due to my new camber!

Attachments

Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
you can make your ranger 60%+ quieter just by cutting your cab cage connections on the frame and adding some bushing. i did this and it was the single best thing i did to make it quiet. all the lizard skin and dyno mat helped.

crazyracer

Tres Cuatro Tacos
Sep 27, 2006
Pacific Beach, CA
Those are both great ideas I would consider if I thought noise was the only factor in wanting to sell.
I'm looking long term at my goals and I've come to the point where if I'm going to continue wrenching and prepping a truck, I'd like it to be something I can get kids into as well.
The real desire is to sell and put a chunk on the student loans, get that gone in 2 years, buy a house, and start building the next truck for a family. If I take a hiatus with this truck to execute that goal, I'm sure I'd be happier with starting from scratch once i get a house rather than working on something I know only fits 2 people. We'll see though, I'm not set on selling. Only curious what the market looks like.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds