Another shitty, white, beamed ranger...

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Mar 23, 2015
San Clemente, CA
With the update of dr, I figured this is as good a time as any to start the “build thread” for my new truck. This is going to be a slow process, but hopefully I can get some feedback from the guys on here throughout the process.

Mar 23, 2015
San Clemente, CA
I just got rid of my 2005 ranger edge and picked up this 93 from my uncle. The truck has a 4.0 sohc ford crate motor. The motor has seen 1 season of racing so it’s got relatively low miles but has been beat on pretty good. My plan for this truck is to keep it simple and clean. So far I have a giant 64 kit on order, Lincoln 9”, some ghetto fabbed beams (idk if I’ll be using them or not), bolt in engine cage from a buddy’s truck, rear glass and 35” ko’s on Alcoa rough riders. Once I find a good deal on coilovers bypass and bumps I’ll start mocking up my front end and building a bedcage, but until then I’m stuck reading the threads on here and counting down the days until of desert season.

Attachments

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Good platform to start with. Really has the SOHC though? That's a total motor swap. Curious how you got it working with 93 (OBD I) dash, etc.

Since the forums have been updated, you can find all sorts of cheater notes, etc in the G3 build thread for cagework. That one is a 97 though. So slightly different computer placement / firewall holes. And different dash.

2Ghetto is a 94 and will be pretty much identical to what you have. There is a build thread on it too. But, no cheater notes like G3. Happy reading. Tons of good info on this site.

Mar 23, 2015
San Clemente, CA
Yup it really has a sohc, my uncle had a couple laying around from his previous race career and a ranger with a blown up 4 banger so that’s where I got the truck from, and as for the new motor working with the obd1 dash, it doesn’t... at least not that I know of. I haven’t had the truck for long and I’m keeping it at my uncles house so I haven’t had much access to it. I do know that it’s going to need some wiring tlc and other miscellaneous things left over from the swap. Thanks for the info, I’ve taken a look at your threads and others on here, screenshotting info here and there that I’ll definitely be using. Great content by the way!

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Great platform to start with. This forum is a wealth of knowledge so I’m sure almost all your questions will be answered. Looking forward to seeing what comes of this!

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds