audio/video/gps players??

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Seal Beach, CA
What do you currently use for mapping? My old explorer I used an iPad for all mapping, music, videos, etc. it was setup through a parrot Bluetooth system so I can have hands free calling. That went to an amp then to the speakers. I didn’t have any cameras in that rig but I would have added either a separate monitor for it, or a rear view camera with built in monitor.

My bronco has a double din headunit like the one you posted, for cameras, music, phone, etc. then iPad for mapping.

Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
good point brian, filter on the fan will help it alot.

i currently use a singal din radio with a i-pod hooked up to either my external speakers or my intercom which also has blue tooth so its easy to play a co riders music and google maps directions/phon calls.

a for gps i use 2 old school lowrance XOG with baja map cards.

it gets me around but just seeing if technology has made any big leaps.

check out this unit. it has 2 usb and a sd card slot and a a/v inputs on the back. i wonder if it will take my baja sd card map and or be able to load race maps?

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_613DNX995S/Kenwood-Excelon-DNX995S.html?cc=01

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Seal Beach, CA
I doubt there is a headunit out there that can do what you want. Those as card slots are for media files and won’t recognize the map files. In fact I believe lowrance uses a proprietary file for their maps. A lot of map software does. Their are converters our there, but unless you can load map software onto a headinit, you are SOL.

You may be able to find an android based headinit that you can load your own apps on. Haven’t looked into that yet since I’m an apple guy.

Jan 18, 2006
Seal Beach, CA
Found this:

It says it can load any Android Tablet compatible apps, so you should be able to use the mapping ones. Has front and rear camera input. Can download all your music/video apps. and if you have an android phone you can connect that too for all your phone things. Im no android guy, but if I was, I think this would be the ticket. price is right and its amazon so easy returns if it doesn't perform like you want it.

Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
nice find. will have to check into the lingo about the gps part. price is almost to good..

• GPS/Navigation: Builtin GPS Receiver module with external GPS antenna, and Google Maps app is installed as the default gps map, users may need to download offline map data for certain area for offline navigation if preferred. Other map/navigation apps from Google Play Store can also be installed;

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds