Betty

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Correct. Hit up Adam Filbin, I think hes the one that I heard that from. Something about battery or alternator needs to be wired in a specific way . I can’t recall the details, but Aaron is on the right track.
I have his number if we can’t figure it out I’ll reach out to him ! Appreciate the response dood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 2, 2012
Lakeside, CA
www.instagram.com
We have spark! Ended up just having some wires mixed up and was feeding into a relay which was killing power to ignition.

Swapped it now we are golden like the showers!

She has it ran yet just coughed a little bit. Still need to button up the intake at the throttle body.

Also has anyone who swapped in a c4 had bad starter grind ? Seems like the bendix isn’t disengaging quick enough...

Jan 2, 2012
Lakeside, CA
www.instagram.com
Update, I didn't forget to put the spacer in but i forsure put the wrong one in. as i have a few...

Got it sorted late last night so i haven't had a chance to try it yet but should have taken care of the grind.

Also worked on bleeding the brakes which has been less than pleasant. Cannot seem to get all the air out. Going to just keep bleeding until it seems better.

Jan 2, 2012
Lakeside, CA
www.instagram.com
Well finally figured out the issue.. I changed the spacer plate even though I didn’t need to.

Apparently i ended up with a spacer and starter for a SOHC which I not knowingly installed. STUPID. So now I need to swap it back out with the correct spacer and starter and it should be good to go.

Also been having a hell of a time bleeding the brakes have good pressure at all corners except the outside bleeder screw on the drivers side rear. Pedal still seems mushy and no real pressure at the handbrake. Any thoughts or ideas?

I have 3/4 masters on the brake pedal with 2lb residual valves. Handbrake is plumbed in line with the rear brakes

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
How are you pumping the brakes? On my sand car, I pump the peddle till stiff, then pull the hand brake, hold both down while someone cracks the bleeder, shut bleeder when both bottom out, release peddle first, release hand brake last.

This was the only way I could get my rear brakes to bleed properly

Oct 17, 2007
Bermuda Dunes, CA
We had a short course car that had issues with the hand brake and we ended up unbolting it and turning it on it side the best we can and then bleed the brakes and that helped a lot, the way it was mounted air was still trapped i it and it effected the whole braking system still.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds