Bronco Sin Nombre!

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
If you allready have a 5/8" hole on one side, sticking a 9/16" bolt in it doesn't sound like a good idea.

Yes, top of the piramid.
What diameter shim? sorry, never done a flexible rate plate before.

Also the hole in the bracket is 9/16 the hole in the misalign is 5/8. Since i didn't realize this till after i bought new bolts and was in a rush to get it rolling again i threw in the 9/16 bolt. so i can swap that misalign to 9/16 and be done, or swap the other side to the 5/8 and drill both brackets and buy new bolts. I want to just run the 9/16 but just wanted to make sure that was ok. Ive always ran 5/8 before since thats what misaligns i had.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^^ if you are going to run a flexible rate plate on the comp... don't forget to remove the thick factory rate plate... or at least space that .020 shim away from it.

In case you didn't realize that.

(what you are doing is keeping the largest shim from hitting a wall and no longer flexing... You are making that wall flexible and providing more flow. )

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
^^^ if you are going to run a flexible rate plate on the comp... don't forget to remove the thick factory rate plate... or at least space that .020 shim away from it.

In case you didn't realize that.

(what you are doing is keeping the largest shim from hitting a wall and no longer flexing... You are making that wall flexible and providing more flow. )
Thanks for the info! I assumed the reason for doing it, but couldn't tell you if id actually think about removing the factory rate plate lol.

Seals and bearings showed up today so i will be starting this adventure this weekend. Going to hopefully tear the front shocks apart and figure out shims so i can get those ordered. Then start the cleaning/coating process while i wait for shims to arrive.

That said I should probably order some brake parts i need. How are people feeling about running a long braided line in the front vs hardline down the radius arms?

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Small update for now...

Got the seals and bearings in hand, and a new koozie, and its the right color! thanks ShoskSeals.com!

IMG_8078.JPG

I also cleaned up the interior after destroying it from messing with the radio. Decided to run current headliner and deal with it later when it gets caged. just need the drivers a-pillar trim to be totally happy with it.

IMG_6634.JPG

Shock party this sunday! I will report back how it goes. Oh and picking these up from Travis (S00tlyfe) who got them from Travis (Travisfab). Should work for the meantime.

IMG_2501.JPG

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds