Bronco Sin Nombre!

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Seal Beach, CA
Well I wasn't able to get much work done on the bronco last weekend. Wife had other plans for us that bled into my 2 days off with my son.

Just for TuboYota:
Time spent: 4 hours over 2 days
Cost: $30 plus scrap material
Beverages Consumed: 1 RoadRaper of water and 1 beer (IPA of course) per day
Music: None, baby monitor playing the relaxing sounds of a babbling brook, then quickly changing to the "dammit" of waking baby.
Explicits Yelled: 1, when my wrench slipped off the bolt tightening the fence on my saw, 2 knuckles slammed into the sharp corner of the bed one scrape and 1 deep cut. fixed with a spiderman band-aid (wife works for Childrens Hospital)
Footwear: Old ass tennis shoes

First day I was in the garage cleaning and making these temporary "shocks" to hold up the bronco while I rebuild the shocks for the front end. In the end it was probably totally unnecessary but whatever.

IMG_8740.JPG

On Monday I was able to pull the shocks off and install the new temp ones. During this process I also looked at bump/droop, tire clearance on fenders/HVAC/UMP/etc. and apparently only got one (crappy) pic at current droop.

IMG_0121.JPG

After looking at everything I wasn't happy. Turns out these beams were probably set up for a 12" bypass on the front of the beam and a 10" coilover on the back (actually on the radius arm) and even that isn't setup very well... Well I have 12" bypasses, but not the 10" coilovers, and this will also limit travel numbers ((n)) So I decided to try and lower the backside mount to make the 12" bypass fit better. I also already have new mounts for the front to lift them up a bit to better clear steering and better cycling. Right now I'm getting 17" but with a very high ride height as I am not able to bump very high with the current backside mounts. close to like a 70-30 droop to bump ratio. I want to be as close to 50-50 as possible. So I drew up some new mounts that will mount the bypass 2" lower than the current as well as a little further forward and out, this should put me roughly 2.5" - 3" between the beam and frame at bump, keeping the tire out of the HVAC box and everything else. Maybe some slight trimming of the fenders. The tabs got cut yesterday, but probably going to have to wait till after new years to test fit them. Really hoping they do the trick.

Mount Asembly.jpg

IMG_2536.jpg

IMG_3467.JPG

Attachments

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
excellent documentation, but needs more bump and cycling pics. and no not the gay kind in spandex. ;-)

And I just have to say... no matter what the thread title says.. when I log on this site and see the build thread, my brain automagically makes me think the title/name is Bronco Sin Nombre!.

All turdblo's fault.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Seal Beach, CA
excellent documentation, but needs more bump and cycling pics. and no not the gay kind in spandex. ;-)

And I just have to say... no matter what the thread title says.. when I log on this site and see the build thread, my brain automagically makes me think the title/name is Bronco Sin Nombre!.

All turdblo's fault.
haha I may be able to get a bump pic as its currently sitting at the guesstimated new bump. But I'll definitely take more when I actually work on it.

And if I could change the thread title to that, I would haha. I have been thinking bout the name "Pua'a" means pig, in Hawaiian, since she's a fat pig (wouldn't have her any other way). Or Pua for short, like the pig from Moana (for those that have kids)

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa

All turdblo's fault.
Ha! You’re welcome!

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds