Bronco Sin Nombre!

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
did not know about the lack of gaskets, interesting. I could definitely see carbon buildup radiating from the port, but I don't recall ever hearing a leak. Now i know why. Thanks Barge! and yes, I already picked up some allen head bolts, and a ball drive allen for them, thanks for looking out though!

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
^^ ditto.

And LOL at the tiny gloves part of story. Small gloves SUCK!
dude no joke, then i get a call from my wife today, "blah blah blah I couldn't find my gloves ANYWHERE, I don't know what YOU did with them..." In my head I'm thinking, shit does she come on here and read my posts? noooooo, I'd be dead if thats the case... So i said "Hun, I have large sized hands, they don't fit in your TINY sized gloves, what would I possibly do with them?".... They are totally sitting on my tool box, right where she parks her car...

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
Man its been a bit of a shit show since the last detailed update... Was trying to round up my notes but its just too messy to formulate into a turdblo writeup. With that said, the deets...

While waiting for the intake to show up I buttoned up the timing and got the water pump on.

IMG_6760.JPG

I also cut off and re-welded the oil fill on the valve cover. should work for now, but probably will change out for a different valve cover down the road, man it looks BAD... Welding that thin and dirty crap was not my forte.

IMG_5112.JPG

IMG_3950.JPG

I also finished up the smog pump delete. This includes removing the pump/hoses, crossover tube, capping the heads, and installing the delete pulley.

IMG_5166.JPG

IMG_9981.JPG

I rebuilt and cleaned the injectors on my lunch break at work

IMG_4733.JPG

IMG_1998.JPG

I finally got the intake back from the machine shop on February 18th, I dropped it off with them on January 21st Took way longer than expected but thats life right? Didn't get any pics of the lower before install (was too eager to get it on) but here are a couple of the upper.

IMG_2438.JPG

IMG_6824.JPG

Got the lower on and started to install everything i could before attacking the upper. Injectors, fuel rail, wiring, coil, sensors, etc.

IMG_1450.JPG

IMG_7277.JPG

Oh i also cleaned up the harness. Removed the emissions solenoids (TAB, TAD, ENV?) and added the appropriate resistors so i don't get a code. I also ran the leads for my fan controller temp switch in the factory harness for a cleaner finish. I first installed a tee fitting into the manifold before realizing the new T-stat housing i got has a port on it... so i ditched the tee and used the T-stat port for my fan controller. Once that was done I installed the upper intake, throttle bodies (which got a cleaning), various coolant/heater hoses, vacuum lines, ground strap, etc.

IMG_8509.JPG

I then got the radiator/shroud/fans all assembled and installed in the bay, no hoses or power yet. Installed the plug wires, headers, and removed the factory oil cooler deal. Shitty deals: y-pipe i got didn't line up, will have to get a new one made up. I new i wanted to do an oil change after running the engine a bit, but i needed to get an oil filter anyway since the threads are different on the block and the adapter... oh well.

IMG_3149.jpg

IMG_3150.jpg

and just like that she was ready to fire. Turned her over without spark to get the oil pumping and fuel to the rail. hooked up spark, and BOOM! fired right up, no fuss!

Died shortly after, went to restart, nothing. tried for 10-15 seconds a couple times, nothing. Checked over everything reseated the oil pack harness and some ground wires (that were clamped to the frame with jumper cables) and BOOM! fired up again! Whew! Such a relief. No to fill her up with coolant and hook up the fans so I can run her for a length of time to make sure all is good and set timing. will set to 13 degrees after i gap and install the new plugs.

Just cause I'm still too excited about it...

Attachments

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
You can just get a shorter belt and not run the smog pump delete pulley at all........
Thought about it, voted against it for 3 reasons.

1. It’s easier to walk into vatozone and ask for a serpentine belt for a 94 bronco with 5.8 and AC, than it is to try to find the right belt, or even give them a part number. (Half of them can’t do anything without a year make and model...

2. When looking at it, I figured smaller belt isn’t the only thing I’d have to do. I’d have to re route the belt and that would potentially cause issues. Like the backside of the belt running on the pulley or visa versa.

3. My buddy had the delete pulley already and hooked it up.

It was the fastest and easiest option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds