Bronco Sin Nombre!

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

yltaco05

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2006
1,033
78
48
Fullerton, CA
#81
After I fired up the motor, I started to button things up in the engine bay. Still needs some tidying up, but she's getting there. Waiting for some plug wire separators to show up and i think ill have everything to finish her up. I do need to put the ump back on so i can measure the length i need for my intake. I originally had 4" all the way till the factory y, then it drops to 3". But the 4" tube was MASSIVE, and didn't leave much clearance. So the new plan is to run 3" from the UMP to the Y. I also got the fender supports that Travisfab made up eons ago bolted up and the battery installed.

IMG_1132.JPG


IMG_7114.JPG
 

Attachments

yltaco05

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2006
1,033
78
48
Fullerton, CA
#82
And this happened last night...



IMG_8471.JPG


IMG_8007.JPG


IMG_1240.JPG


got my lights ordered up so i should be installing them this weekend. Or get the bronco on its wheels so I can DRIVE it all the way under. don't think ill have time for both lol.
 

yltaco05

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2006
1,033
78
48
Fullerton, CA
#83
So i was getting the bronco ready to put on a trailer to take it somewhere to get the front end done. My thoughts were that I don't have a good enough space where I can leave the bronco down for the time it would take me to do the work. Well now that I got the cover up and installed the lights, I don't think this will be much of an issue anymore. Once I run the power outlets, then I can run the welder out there and I'm all set. So with that said...

Front end issues:

1. shock mounts are wrong. Easy fix, already have new mounts cut and ready to go

2. beams sit at about stock wheelbase (.5 shorter than stock currently at bump) Id like to push them forward. But since they are J-Beams, it complicates things. Solution A, Cut off radius arms and build pocket style mounts on backside of beam. Solution B, heat and bend radius arms to where they need to end up.

Im nervous about Solution B since the beam is hollow (d44) I think it will dimple/crush in before actually moving the radius arm enough. Solution A would be more expensive (but still cheap) and Id have to re draw/cut my shock mounts (waste of the first ones I got cut) Either option is cheaper than paying someone else to do it... And the guy I had lined up needs 4-6 weeks before he can take it. I feel like I can get it done in that amount of time.

Ill open the floor for discussion...

Pictures for reference:

IMG_3467.JPG


IMG_7649.JPG
 

Attachments

yltaco05

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2006
1,033
78
48
Fullerton, CA
#87
details on that carport? need one for my truck next year.
It’s your basic kit from Home Depot, harbor freight, etc. my father in law got tired of replacing the canvas every year so we attached the sheeting to it. He welded a 1x2 between each of the A’s and tec screwed the sheeting to the 1x2. The cap is Tex screed to the sheeting. All screws have the washers with the rubber seal. He also cut the legs down to make it shorter. I found some guys local to me that sell the parts so you can probably piece it together pretty easily without wasting the canvas, don’t know if it’s any cheaper that way though.
 
Likes: 84projectford

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds