Bronco Without A Name

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Seal Beach, CA
Replace electric T-case with manual T-case.
Thought about it. If it’s anything like the first gen explorer system, I’m not worried. Easy to fix and if it breaks in the desert, still easy to engage/disengage. But I don’t know if it’s the same. I’m not opposed to manual as long as I can get the handle to clear my new center console lol

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Seal Beach, CA
So with 5 days off for thanksgiving, I was able to work on the bronco for a solid 3 hours... lol. I thought I was completely "done" with the interior (till it gets caged), everything was wired and working, everything bolted down, just had to run the antenna cable up the a-pillar and mount it to the roof. Well that turned out to be a total bitch and now half the interior panels are torn out again and there are metal shavings all over my new center console...

Oh well. Now I'm debating on redoing my headliner, having someone redo my headliner, or leaving it as is till it gets caged.

I was able to get my antenna mounted and sealed the roof, and removed the light bar while i was at it.

IMG_1417.JPG

I also installed the much needed Desolate Dash Brace. So much better than the PO's fix.

IMG_3153.JPG

IMG_0843.JPG

The rest of my break was spent with family and backbreaking yard work... Buy a house they said...

IMG_5789.JPG

doesn't look like much to anyone else I'm sure. But I'm damn proud. If all goes well we should have a nice green lawn for the little guy to play on and nice planters to help with the curb appeal very soon.

crazyracer

Tres Cuatro Tacos
Sep 27, 2006
Pacific Beach, CA
I like your little clean up tricks. It's hard for a lot of us to focus on that stuff when there's bitchin' fab work to tackle, but I think what you're doing will result in a really quite, aesthetically pleasing, and comfortable ride.

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Seal Beach, CA
I like your little clean up tricks. It's hard for a lot of us to focus on that stuff when there's bitchin' fab work to tackle, but I think what you're doing will result in a really quite, aesthetically pleasing, and comfortable ride.
thanks man! I sure hope so. Don't get me wrong, Id love to be doing the bitchin' fab work, just don't have the time for that these days. So I work on what I can, when I can.

Next big item on the list is rebuilding all the shocks and re doing the coilover mounts on the beams... time frame? who knows lol

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Seal Beach, CA
Posted this in the "Radio Communications" thread, but not sure which will get more traction...

I am currently running a Kenwood TK-730 along with a Rugged 660 Intercom with their jumper cable that uses the 15 pin molex on the back of the kenwood. When using the headsets everything works as it should. My issue is i'd like to be able to use the kenwood without the headsets as well (i.e. talking shit while driving on the highway).

Problem:

1) No RX audio from the kenwood internal speaker while connected to intercom.
2) Mic port on front of kenwood is disabled while connected to intercom

Possible Solutions:

1) add a 6-9 jumper (old plug has 9-12 jumper but rugged uses pin 12) (also not sure how to get the mic to work)
2) connect intercom to the trucks stereo system using the Aux cord (not sure which audio gets passed through this connection, or how to get mic to work)
3) Rugged suggested creating my own cable that plugs into the Mic port on the front of the radio to connect to the intercom, then swap cables when not using intercom... (least favorite option thus far)
4) get the race mod done on the radio ($100?)

From this list, only solution I see that accomplishes everything is a race mod. Any other suggestions/thoughts?

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds