Bypass valving opinions

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

84prerunner

2:AM Fabrication
Feb 7, 2008
Covina CA
Revalving the rear 3.5" bypasses on my linked yota. Biggest issue currently is the bump zone is too soft, in the bigger g out type holes it slams the bump stops. Rebound is also borderline too slow, even with the tubes wide open, I believe this may be contributing to it being slightly harsh in the steeper whoop rythem sections. Current valving Comp: biggest 2 are .012s, then 6 .010s plus a rate plate. Rebound: all .008s (6)2 .086" free bleedsWithout making it harsher in the choppy stuff, what would you do?

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
Go .020's on comp. Plug bleed holes. Run a bleed poppet in the long comp tube. Maybe one in the rebound tube to if you can't control the chatter. Normally I would say chatter is in the CO, but those are some pretty big shocks for that thing.

Last edited:

84prerunner

2:AM Fabrication
Feb 7, 2008
Covina CA
Go .020's on comp. Plug bleed holes. Run a bleed poppet in the long comp tube. Maybe one in the rebound tube to if you can't control the chatter. Normally I would say chatter is in the CO, but those are some pretty big shocks for that thing.
You don't think going from 12-10 combo to 20s is going to make it harsh even when not in the bumpzone? The coilover is a 2.0 with .008s comp and popoff rebound.

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds