charlie browns motor swap

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
installed my new Triton racing power steering cooler. well built and supper easy. came with mounting end plates and f9/11 hard wear.

check these guys out. they make all kinds and types of coolers/radiators.

also been dicking around with my trans temp issue. I have mounted my 2847 CBR cooler in 2 different places from behind the cab to where it is now in front of radiator. it was very marginal in the back but so far it is good up front. going to mount a fan on it still. it had one when it was behind the cab but i turned the cooler around for a better/closer fit up front.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4594/39089771451_4cccf1136d_m.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4645/25223638198_7eac9e237c_m.jpg

Aug 10, 2004
OC/BAJA
so just a little bump. like always i keep on working on my truck. mostly upgrading old parts or cheap ones for better.

i have been doing some prep work on my truck and still not comfortable with cooling. I just installed a 175 thermal stat and a extra spa fan on the front of my cbr trans cooler and a new fan/fan clutch. also after reading some post in other threads, i cut and remounted my front skid plate. i moved it about a year ago to clearance some steering issues and it may have been blocking some air flow. will have to test that part out.

still making a new rack over the back that will hold my tent cots and other things better or if i get a rtt.

this year i am scheduling 2 big runs in baja.

1st run is a tag-a-long NORRA fun run. as posted in the trips thread. the plan is to have no plan and see baja all the way down and back while following the rally. would be a good time of year with weather and a large group of racers and chasers so we would not be traveling much alone.

i have thrown out a open invite for others to come along. no commitment. split off when you want, re-join later in the run. if you can only do the 1st day or so then thats fine. a few friends may only go to san felipe then head home.

2nd trip is the 50th baja 500. it falls on the weekend after monday memorial day holiday. so i took the other 3 days off (i work a 4-10) and am planing on spending 10 days in baja. I have a friend that goes with a group on the holiday weekend for a run every year. they all go home on monday so i and who ever is around will hang out on the beaches/prerun til thusday. then i have a room in town for all the race festivity.

crazyracer

Tres Cuatro Tacos
Sep 27, 2006
Pacific Beach, CA
so just a little bump. like always i keep on working on my truck. mostly upgrading old parts or cheap ones for better.

i have been doing some prep work on my truck and still not comfortable with cooling. I just installed a 175 thermal stat and a extra spa fan on the front of my cbr trans cooler and a new fan/fan clutch. also after reading some post in other threads, i cut and remounted my front skid plate. i moved it about a year ago to clearance some steering issues and it may have been blocking some air flow. will have to test that part out.

still making a new rack over the back that will hold my tent cots and other things better or if i get a rtt.

this year i am scheduling 2 big runs in baja.

1st run is a tag-a-long NORRA fun run. as posted in the trips thread. the plan is to have no plan and see baja all the way down and back while following the rally. would be a good time of year with weather and a large group of racers and chasers so we would not be traveling much alone.

i have thrown out a open invite for others to come along. no commitment. split off when you want, re-join later in the run. if you can only do the 1st day or so then thats fine. a few friends may only go to san felipe then head home.

2nd trip is the 50th baja 500. it falls on the weekend after monday memorial day holiday. so i took the other 3 days off (i work a 4-10) and am planing on spending 10 days in baja. I have a friend that goes with a group on the holiday weekend for a run every year. they all go home on monday so i and who ever is around will hang out on the beaches/prerun til thusday. then i have a room in town for all the race festivity.
Our group is going down for memorial day weekend as well this year. Tentative route is Ensenada -> Ojos -> Valle De Trinidad -> Diablo lakebed -> SF -> Alfonsinas then back.
Any chance we cross your path?

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds