Chop Shop Builds

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
No real picture worthy pics....

But I did get the truck from Willis' yesterday, and I couldn't be happier now.

Everything on the truck seems to be muyyy BUENO.

He said he took it in the dirt for a little bit, he took it down a bunch of main roads for a bit, took it down a bunch of really messed up Wittmann / Hicktown roads, even took it on the freeway at like 75 or 80 mph and got....

NO DEATH WOBBLE.

Plus he fixed the whole timing an running correctly issue. I will let him explain what the issue was. It was something with the distributor and being set clockwise when it should have been set counterclockwise or something. I guess also there wasn't constant power to the EFI, so every time I shut the truck off it killed the power completely to the EFI and forgot what it had just learned. I will definitely mess up the explanation so I will leave that up to him....

The issue with the death wobble, he got all new steering, new tie rods and sleeved the the long tie rod so it wasn't so weak and wobbly. He made new tie rod extenders that you can see in the pictures.

I couldn't be happier with everything he did, JUST AS I FIGURED.....

I am going to clean it up and finish some little stuff this afternoon, but I plan to start dailying it to make sure everything is good.

Again, I couldn't be happier.

(Loggie Bear did leave the air cleaner cap on WRONG. But dgaf fukkk him. I'll cum in one of his backhalf tubes before Willy Will Will welds it all up..... He might like that though?¿?¿?‽‽‽)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
NOT gonna put names down here..... blood related person failed to notice that the wrong gear was on distributor when my dad put it in........... hence it stripping out on my first attempt at freeway driving with it and leaving me stranded on the side of the freeway. (thank GOD Brogs' wasnt with me or his momma would never allow him in the ranger again haha)

got Serena to get me a new CORRECT gear shipped to Willy Will Wills on friday so thaat on Monday i can trailer the truck out to Willis' house and he can help put the new gear on and then set the distributor back up correctly AND THEN go to Bar down the dirt road to watch the famous FAME person on TV for the first time............ i might be aebale to get his John HandCOCK while im there since hell be with me... ill raffle it off later!!
then I SHOULD SHOULD SHOULD be good to go............ again. hah

IMG_20180916_155933920_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180916_173338547_HDR.jpg

Aug 8, 2013
surprise az
NOT gonna put names down here..... blood related person failed to notice that the wrong gear was on distributor when my dad put it in........... hence it stripping out on my first attempt at freeway driving with it and leaving me stranded on the side of the freeway. (thank GOD Brogs' wasnt with me or his momma would never allow him in the ranger again haha)

got Serena to get me a new CORRECT gear shipped to Willy Will Wills on friday so thaat on Monday i can trailer the truck out to Willis' house and he can help put the new gear on and then set the distributor back up correctly AND THEN go to Bar down the dirt road to watch the famous FAME person on TV for the first time............ i might be aebale to get his John HandCOCK while im there since hell be with me... ill raffle it off later!!
then I SHOULD SHOULD SHOULD be good to go............ again. hah

View attachment 208819 View attachment 208820
Let’s hope the metal from the gear didn’t ruin the motor before we think it’s good to go 🤣 but for real that hopefully didn’t happen. And just to re verify I did not fuck with the distributor when it was at my place. Only set the timing properly and the lock out rotation on the rotor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
Let’s hope the metal from the gear didn’t ruin the motor before we think it’s good to go 🤣 but for real that hopefully didn’t happen. And just to re verify I did not fuck with the distributor when it was at my place. Only set the timing properly and the lock out rotation on the rotor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you of all people should know how Gort luck goes. im not expecting anything good to happen or go correctly, just HOPING.

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds