Chop Shop Builds

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Wizdumb

May 22, 2018
On a speed density system(map sensor ) it will use manifold pressure (map) throttle position (tps) engine speed (rpm) to determine engine load. Ive had any one of these kick my but in driveability issues. O2 sensors very rarely cause the issue you describe unless they short out. The best bet is to look at the data as it does it to see if anything goes wacky such as coolant temp at negative 199 degrees or throttle position wide open at idle.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
On a speed density system(map sensor ) it will use manifold pressure (map) throttle position (tps) engine speed (rpm) to determine engine load. Ive had any one of these kick my but in driveability issues. O2 sensors very rarely cause the issue you describe unless they short out. The best bet is to look at the data as it does it to see if anything goes wacky such as coolant temp at negative 199 degrees or throttle position wide open at idle.

im with willis. Not the O2's.

i would lean more towards a bad MAP sensor. no fucking clue where it is on that setup but if you or your dad can find it and take pics of where its at and how the vac hose is routed to it (if it is setup that way), that might help.
Ok I just barely caught papa before he bought the new one.

Honestly, I'm not too sure what all that means in the second reply, but when I get home I will read it to my dad and see what he says.....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

84projectford

Sep 8, 2010
Phoenix Az
He’s saying to use the screen you have for the efi to log and look at the data for coolant temp, throttle position and the map sensor. Problem is, you gotta be watching that screen when it’s acting up and that can be a bitch. If it has a way to record the data while you drive, might be something to learn to click on each time you drive till it acts up and then your dad or you can play it back and look for weird numbers like coolant reading -40* when it’s not that cold, map sensor showing 0 instead of in/hg or vacuum at light throttle, things like that. It will be difficult for you to narrow down or know what to look at if you don’t know what the sensors “should” be reading.

Wizdumb

May 22, 2018
Yes it is easier with someone driving or watching the data if you watch o2s they should switch back and forth (once in closed loop fuel control) if it is stuck one way or the other it will tell if it rich or lean

May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
He’s saying to use the screen you have for the efi to log and look at the data for coolant temp, throttle position and the map sensor. Problem is, you gotta be watching that screen when it’s acting up and that can be a bitch. If it has a way to record the data while you drive, might be something to learn to click on each time you drive till it acts up and then your dad or you can play it back and look for weird numbers like coolant reading -40* when it’s not that cold, map sensor showing 0 instead of in/hg or vacuum at light throttle, things like that. It will be difficult for you to narrow down or know what to look at if you don’t know what the sensors “should” be reading.
Yes it is easier with someone driving or watching the data if you watch o2s they should switch back and forth (once in closed loop fuel control) if it is stuck one way or the other it will tell if it rich or lean

must have missed these posts. i will go over them with my dad and see what he says tomorrow probably........

May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
papa gort thinks we need to have someone go through the sniper screen again and make sure all the settings are right. neither him, or i know wtf were doing with that screen ssoooooooooooooo...........
i guess im at a fucking stand still until i can bring it somewhere else/to someone.

gort fucking luck.............
how did Willis have it good to go for a week -2 weeks and then i fucked it royally up?!?!? jsut from switching a fuse or two??? wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Willis, if youre ready this... please call me back and dont JUST reply on here. please.)

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds