Chop Shop Builds

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Austinlb4

Sep 1, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
I’m gonna bet it’s the freeze plug because my 302 did something similar. Not a constant stream but enough to annoy me. Gotta take the whole engine or trans out to get to the one on the cam because it’s in the bellhousing. Before you do that, check the ones on the back of the heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
ill bet its the freeze plug
given the info provided, i'd agree. Sometimes those things just give out at the perfect time.

Do you know how old it is? if its fairly newer you can try heat cycling it to get it to seal, but if its old enough to corrode, you're going to have to pull it

would a freeze plug just randomly go at the same exact time we had the heads off? its not like it was running or anything, obviously hah

oh yeah. read my post a few posts up......
if it CAN go wrong........ it will.........

i have no idea any specs on the motor. all ive found out so far is it SHOULD be a 1993 5.0 out of a mustang. thats it though. i would assume its an old beat up motor......

May 7, 2008
phoenix, az
I’m gonna bet it’s the freeze plug because my 302 did something similar. Not a constant stream but enough to annoy me. Gotta take the whole engine or trans out to get to the one on the cam because it’s in the bellhousing. Before you do that, check the ones on the back of the heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thats what we assumed, is it was the one on the back of the head(s) but, we just had them all redone and my dad said its for sure not the one on the back of the head

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds