Daily Driver F150 Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

98RangerDAVE

Smile...Wait for Flash
May 11, 2007
High Desert, CA
I don’t mind at all, I saw a tube bumper that I really liked and it mounted to the front crossmember so I stole that idea and used some inspiration from a 4Runner build on DR to make mine. I have to trim my bumper ends a little bit for my 37’s and then I’m going to strengthen the ends of the bumper with some tubes going to a bolt on frame bracket. I’d love to check yours out when you are done, or if you want to look at mine for measurements just let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I’m gonna be working on it Sunday with a friend. I picked up 1 1/4” .120 tube, do you remember what size you used? If we run into any snags I’ll write you here.

Nov 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Love the shots from the middle of the road, I think I can see John Wayne and his cavalry troop riding to the rescue through the mist in the background.
Everyone takes pictures there so we had to. We actually wanted to recreate the Forrest Gump photo but nobody had long enough hair or a big enough beard for the photo haha

Nov 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks! I’m gonna be working on it Sunday with a friend. I picked up 1 1/4” .120 tube, do you remember what size you used? If we run into any snags I’ll write you here.
I believe we used 1 1/2” tubing, I forgot what wall thickness though. I’ll look through my phone, I think I have more photos of the build

98RangerDAVE

Smile...Wait for Flash
May 11, 2007
High Desert, CA
Finished the skid plate today. We used the bolts that hold the steering rack skid plate on instead of the steering rack bolts themselves. Also I learned that cutting aluminum is very difficult with a cutoff wheel. Haha thank again for the idea!

Attachments

Nov 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Finished the skid plate today. We used the bolts that hold the steering rack skid plate on instead of the steering rack bolts themselves. Also I learned that cutting aluminum is very difficult with a cutoff wheel. Haha thank again for the idea!
Looks good! Mine is welded to the back of my front bumper but I kind of wish I made mine go to the back of the mounts like you in case I ever switch out my front bumper for a newer generation when I swap out all of my fiberglass and headlight and tail light housings

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds