Daily Driver F150 Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Nov 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Explored some trails around Lake Pleasant this past weekend, about 30 miles on dirt testing out my Dual XGPS160 unit. This gives me satellite gps on up to 5 devices that are Bluetooth capable. Next up will be to make a removable or fold down mount for my dash to house the GPS unit as well as my iPad that I’ll be using

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98RangerDAVE

Smile...Wait for Flash
May 11, 2007
High Desert, CA
What do you have for suspension? I rubbed my pinch weld and just recently my tire smacked my front bumper. So I still have some more trimming to do

Currently I have a bilstein 5100 shock (set to no lift) up front with a 4.5” lift spindle. In the rear I have 2017 Raptor take off FOX shocks with a 1” lift block.

I will be installing the FOX 2.5” factory series coilovers with resi up front with a 2.5” hydro bumpstop in a few weeks.

The Bilstein 5100 shock was a placeholder until I had the funds to order the coilovers.

Nov 25, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Currently I have a bilstein 5100 shock (set to no lift) up front with a 4.5” lift spindle. In the rear I have 2017 Raptor take off FOX shocks with a 1” lift block.

I will be installing the FOX 2.5” factory series coilovers with resi up front with a 2.5” hydro bumpstop in a few weeks.

The Bilstein 5100 shock was a placeholder until I had the funds to order the coilovers.
Sounds like a good setup! I used to run the bilstein 5100’s on my previous F150 and they weren’t bad. How do you like the 2017 Raptor shocks? I have the Gen 1’s on my truck but I was thinking of modifying my mounts so that I could run the Gen 2’s

98RangerDAVE

Smile...Wait for Flash
May 11, 2007
High Desert, CA
Sounds like a good setup! I used to run the bilstein 5100’s on my previous F150 and they weren’t bad. How do you like the 2017 Raptor shocks? I have the Gen 1’s on my truck but I was thinking of modifying my mounts so that I could run the Gen 2’s

So far so good with the Raptor shocks. I have a 2012 XLT and they bolted right up. I didn’t modify any OEM mounting, I believe your truck would be the same.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds