Dezert or bust. 87 Single cab Yota rehab.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
I have never felt the need for a zero loss adapter. regular chuck has always done fine for me.
X2. High quality chuck is important.
Yea, except the high quality part. HAHAHA. Pretty sure mine is a pile, like every other ghetto tool I own. But, I do same method of fill till no more flow... then "pop" .... shit pops off and loses x amount. Don't care about x amount. I feel it is repeatable enough, and that's what matters to me. Just put it to 330PSI if you want 320ish. LOL

Oh, and I had same experience. ORW wanted something like $5 or $10 a shock or bumpstop. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the ROI on that .Like someone else mentioned. Never realize how much I would use the set up.

Turboyota

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
Yea, except the high quality part. HAHAHA. Pretty sure mine is a pile, like every other ghetto tool I own. But, I do same method of fill till no more flow... then "pop" .... shit pops off and loses x amount. Don't care about x amount. I feel it is repeatable enough, and that's what matters to me. Just put it to 330PSI if you want 320ish. LOL

Oh, and I had same experience. ORW wanted something like $5 or $10 a shock or bumpstop. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the ROI on that .Like someone else mentioned. Never realize how much I would use the set up.
I use the EXACT same fill technique—fill, then pop off, then another push and pop. Done.
Here is my setup. Obviously I have broken and had to replace 1 of the gauges. Got the regulator on ebay from schmidty racing

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/231358567476

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2010
Woodland Hills, Ca
Thanks for the heads up all. I will be getting the basic setup for simplicity. can always get a zero loss later if the need arises.

a personal fill station will encourage shock tuning as well. make the whole ordeal less of a hassle.

What pressures are you guys running? that photo showing a bump over 200psi. always thought 150psi was the magic number but never personally rebuilt one till now. or is 150psi a baseline and more of a tuning adjustment give or take the scenario.

Jan 19, 2010
Woodland Hills, Ca
So got the steering wobble of death taking it for a spin the other day.
The idler for sure has too much play even with new bushings, and centerlink suspect too. would like to keep this beefed up idler assembly but will need to be sleeved or bronze bushings later for use.

bought an OE centerlink and idler get her goin for now. Need to get my hands on a 5/8 bit to reem out the centerlink rod end holes.

IMG_3647.JPG
IMG_3648.JPG
IMG_3649.JPG

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds