DR Marine rides ...

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
Fuel lines are the good ones, not the stock crappy ones. Got fresh gas. Was thinking the carbs are dumping fuel into exhaust and when the next attempt to fire happens, it light the fuel in exhaust causing backfire. It blew out the rubber hose at the end of the exhaust lol. Was thinking carb rebuild kits?

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk
I would start there. I have never bought a rebuild kit so not sure what comes in them. I typically pull the jets, soak them and run some thin wire through them to clean them out. Clean everything and put back together. This has worked on every carb I dealt with except for one... Which was a cheap crappy carb on one of those pocket bikes. Just bought a new one off amazon for $8 and it works perfect now.

bri_man57

Need to Build
Jul 11, 2005
Ventura, California
I would start there. I have never bought a rebuild kit so not sure what comes in them. I typically pull the jets, soak them and run some thin wire through them to clean them out. Clean everything and put back together. This has worked on every carb I dealt with except for one... Which was a cheap crappy carb on one of those pocket bikes. Just bought a new one off amazon for $8 and it works perfect now.
I ll give it a shot. Cruising some of the sea doo forums, people were talking about being careful with aftermarket rebuild kits. Apparently these carbs have a diaphragm and work off pressure or something like that. Basically something I have never worked on.

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
I ll give it a shot. Cruising some of the sea doo forums, people were talking about being careful with aftermarket rebuild kits. Apparently these carbs have a diaphragm and work off pressure or something like that. Basically something I have never worked on.

It's not that hard. I did the same thing with my old yamaha 650 twin. The diaphragm is easy enough to work with. I ended up buying a new carb in the end lol

04yfzkid

I are smarts
Mar 21, 2007
Flagstaff, AZ
When ever my buddy has to get a carb'd car running again that has been sitting for years, he drops all the hard carb parts in the unltrasonic cleaner. Harbor Freight has one for like $40 that had good reviews Garage Journal. I am going to pick one up when I can afford to start buying tools again lol.

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
When ever my buddy has to get a carb'd car running again that has been sitting for years, he drops all the hard carb parts in the unltrasonic cleaner. Harbor Freight has one for like $40 that had good reviews Garage Journal. I am going to pick one up when I can afford to start buying tools again lol.
They work great. Used them at the dirtbike shop I was a tech at.

Do Dah

May 13, 2012
I just used pine sol as carb dip for my vw dellortos and it actually worked very well. Especially for $8!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

bri_man57

Need to Build
Jul 11, 2005
Ventura, California
I ended up trading it to a friend with some cash, got his 92 waverunner wr3 that runs lol. It should be a little more stable for me and the lady and I didn't have to mess with it.

The guy I traded it to did figure out the problem. Sort of. It had a dirt bike style kill switch that was causing it to spark, then no spark. Spark, then no spark. He fixed that but then it would randomly not start. He ended up having to bypass the the Rev limiter, something about it was causing a problem. Says it runs good now. I would of wasted money and still had problems lol.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds