F150 4WD front hubs

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Feb 24, 2003
Las Vegas
I've never had 3rd member issues that weren't totally warranted from the abuse we put them through. Some of the housing cracks, while I understand why they're happening, I often think are a bit questionable as to if they should be cracking when they do...

mounty71

Mega Member
Oct 18, 2007
San Francisco
Not that I’m an amazing welder by any means, so I don’t really have room to critique, but just an observation, I’ve noticed that Currie housings have welds that look like each loop or dime or whatever in the bead is spaced very far apart from the next. I would think that isn’t ideal but I don’t know much. Just a thought as to why people have said they have cracked. But I have an F9 housing I will be running anyway and I’m not really worried about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hxckidd

Clean-Dezert.org
Feb 14, 2002
so cal
www.clean-dezert.org
Not that I’m an amazing welder by any means, so I don’t really have room to critique, but just an observation, I’ve noticed that Currie housings have welds that look like each loop or dime or whatever in the bead is spaced very far apart from the next. I would think that isn’t ideal but I don’t know much. Just a thought as to why people have said they have cracked. But I have an F9 housing I will be running anyway and I’m not really worried about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sure I was the only one with a cracking issue on the f9 housing.. the weld on the snouts started to crack and Currie fixed it free of charge. The other talk was about the 3rd members being slapped together too fast. If you guys need 3rd member stuff in south oc.. hit up kevin Lowrance.. I have known and raced with him for 20 years.. he will help you out.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds