Front of Toyota + kings valving

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

5lugger95

Dec 8, 2012
So I have a 1994 Toyota 4x with an older caddy kit that I need a baseline for. My motion ratio is 12/8 running a 600 lb/in spring. I'm using a 2.0 king C/O with 7/8 shafts and a remote resi.

What should I start off with on comp and rebound? Not going to be hauling ass down B main but I do want it to be well rounded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5lugger95

Dec 8, 2012
Try a .015 flutter stack with one bleed hole open for comp. 10's on rebound.

I was thinking of a flutter 15 on compression for sure, why not 12s on rebound? My thinking is the high 600 rate will need more rebound then usual. I also have very little experience with valving so my thinking could be off lol

Nov 8, 2007
Chula Vista
Yeah 15 flutter on comp and 12s on rebound I think is the move to start. What about bleed ports on 2.0 kings? One open?

Well I re-valved my front SAW's this morning. I took them apart and found...

Comp = .12's

Reb = .15's

* 2 bleed screws in... just like Camburg told me.

So, I tried a flutter stack and I must have did it wrong because it was waaay too soft for the compression side.

I ended up doing what Jerry recommended...

Comp = .15's (stack of 5, took the old rebound stack out and put it on the comp. side)

Reb = .10's (stack of 5)

* 1 bleed screw in

The shocks had a .31 small dia. washer/ shim on the comp side under the shim stack, and then a rate plate. I used these just like they were originally only with a .15 stack rrather than the .12 stack.

After a little thrashing it seems to ride better, not on the airbumps nearly as much as before. I hav'nt hit any real whoop sections yet so I will still have to do some more thourough testing but Im in the ballpark now I think.

Thanks everyone for the advice, and thanks Jerry Zaiden at Camburg for his thourough knowledge of Toyota suspensions. :)

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds