Go fast-ish 1-ton 545ci 79' Bronco.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

sc610

Jan 28, 2011
Santa Cruz
www.quad4x4.com/catalog/qu20402

Interesting, I'm finding parts for a 1980-1982 D50 with bolt in stub shaft for sale online aswell. I'll have to go look closer at it later this week.
That is interesting. I am fairly sure they did not come with them. I was more just throwing it out there so you didn't get hosed down the line if someone sold you a 44. Definitely grab a picture!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Mar 30, 2008
Bumfuck Idaho
That is interesting. I am fairly sure they did not come with them. I was more just throwing it out there so you didn't get hosed down the line if someone sold you a 44. Definitely grab a picture!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I appreciate it! If it turns out to be true they didn't make D50's with the bolt in stub shaft and mine is a D44, I'll still use it, since the RCV's are a bolt on style. Hopefully it is a D50, gonna need that extra 1/2" larger ring gear with this engine!

partybarge_pilot

Uno mas Cervesa!
May 14, 2004
Easton, KS
Care to explain? The factory TTB crossmember tucked into the "C" of the frame rails, mine will be butted up against them. But that's really the only difference, unless I'm missing something, which is 100% possible. Roper designs did the swap the same way as me, but with a Shortened D50 beam setup, and is pulling 17.5" travel.
Ah, boxed frame versus C channel. You think I would remember this having gone through it not all that long ago.......

17.5 still sounds like a lot for a short beam. Lots O' camber change.

Mar 30, 2008
Bumfuck Idaho
Haha dont feel bad, I have a 2gb memory so if somethings not written down it didn't happen.

Got some pictures of my completed beams from Cho, just waiting on the radius arms to get cut and bent, then I can finally get back to work on this thing. It will help that my wife will be back from her deployment by then so I wont be on Mr. Mom duty anymore with both the kids.

4.5" wider per side, CNC laser cut/bent, symmetrical billet beam ends, billet fill cap + added oil capacity, 1" uniballs, more clearance, stronger, and lighter than stock.

Drayke

Always Baja Bound
Jan 29, 2007
Torrance
Those beams look so incredible. Huge credit to the fabricator.
That name's familiar...was Cho a camburg guy or maybe Herbst or something?
In any case, i'd bet he could probably sell a few of those if he were to make more.

Jan 18, 2006
Seal Beach, CA
Those beams look so incredible. Huge credit to the fabricator.
That name's familiar...was Cho a camburg guy or maybe Herbst or something?
In any case, i'd bet he could probably sell a few of those if he were to make more.
I believe Richer Racing. and yes his plan is to build/sell more in different widths too. I was going to order a set myself, but before i did I found a deal I couldn't pass up on. Maybe one day I can grab a set of those beauties.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds