I Love Old Toyotas

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Travisfab

Staff member
Aug 21, 2003
San Diego
I think your fender mounts will be ok, but that single tube from the cab to the header panel is a fail waiting to happen. Bronco frames flex horribly. I had way more tubes and triangulation and my hood pins were dancing!

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
That was what he wanted, so that's what I built. I plated the area the tube hits really well. Those took 15 minutes for both sides, so I'm not going to be too heartbroken if it breaks. Again, another band aid...

bri_man57

Need to Build
Jul 11, 2005
Ventura, California
Kevin, you didnt build the tube that goes from the Cab to the core support did you? I thought he had that already. I see that you added an extra tube near the header panel, but it sounds like Travis is referring to the tube that all the wiring is zip tied to. I think.

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
Kevin, you didnt build the tube that goes from the Cab to the core support did you? I thought he had that already. I see that you added an extra tube near the header panel, but it sounds like Travis is referring to the tube that all the wiring is zip tied to. I think.
No, Tommy (tt motorsports) built the tube from the cab to core support. I built the section following the door line for the back of the front fenders, and the vertical tube from the bottom of the header panel to the tube that Tommy put in.

The stuff Tommy put in has been holding up really well. At the cab side, there is a short tube that goes in towards the center to triangulate it. That tube support has been in for a lot of trips and is holding up fine.

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
Last night I hopped in my truck to leave school and it fired and then died right away. I turned the key and the motor turned over no problem but wasn't getting spark or fuel. I turned it over for a bit but nothing happened. Jiggled electrical connections as much as I could and still nothing. Finally I gave it full throttle and turned the key and it finally started, but sounded pretty bad. After pumping it a few times it finally idled. I drove it home, shut it off and started it again immediately no problem.

This morning I hop in the truck to go teach and the same thing happened. It fired and then died. I held full throttle and once again it started.

What do you guys think is happening? It's not throwing any codes. Fuel pump going out? Leak in the fuel system somewhere so it's losing pressure when it sits?

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds