Ibeam F150

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

crazyracer

Tres Cuatro Tacos
Sep 27, 2006
Pacific Beach, CA
Honestly probably not for a while. I dont have problem with the stock style. Plus I need to buy a new 3rd n axles
You say that, but....

then your stock steering breaks on the street in Anza Borrego from fatigue and you're left using 3 pairs of sunglasses, 7016 rod, a 1" bolt, and a prison welder to fix your truck in the middle of BFE. It's not safe to run stock steering for too long.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^^ have to admit.. I was expecting waaaay more bump steer in those full droop photos with that stock steering!!

And yea.... having steering fail would be scary and potentially way more expensive!!

Feb 24, 2003
Las Vegas
If you do your own fab you can build a swing steer setup for roughly $500 yourself in materials.

received_10101670461254288.jpeg

I'm paranoid enough that I'm stepping up to a Howe pump/box/ram on mine this summer if not sooner. I'll have to see what's left in the budget after my motor build and trans service here in Jan to decide if I have the pennies to go with the steering or roll the dice for the last part of the desert season before stepping up. I'm REALLY hoping to do the full steering and a full floater on mine before next desert season. My current goal is to simply have mine running for the last few months of this season!

nebf150

alignment guy here
Oct 23, 2007
westminster
i already have the ambulance steering on the truck have had it for a few years now and i also carry a full set of steering on the truck already pre set
pull the 3 nuts off the pitman arm and both steering knuckles and put on the other set
swing steering will come in due time right now there are other things i need to do first

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds