Interesting fab.

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
my understanding of physics tells me that shouldn't matter. the same force is applied to the arm regardless if the bump is in the arm or the chassis. Trying to think of the actual principles involved, someone with better memory can figure it out I'm sure. You might even go to say its stronger in the arm since its welded to both the top and bottom plate, and possibly webbing inside. Albeit looks hokey as fuck...

Like the axe swinging at the wood or the wood swinging at the axe, both gets the job done. all things being equal that is

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
I agree the same force is applied but I don't see many vehicles applying that force right in the middle of a long upper arm. Most hit on a junction don't they? Or at least real close to one end.

Similar to trying to break a wood board by jumping on it. Jump in the middle and crack. Jump near the top or bottom and it usually will flex but not break. Flashbacks from being a kid.. HA

yltaco05

Jan 18, 2006
Fullerton, CA
seriously how much does the front of that car weigh? wouldn't adding an additional bypass tube be cheaper and do a better job? I didn't think of the actual bump stop working upside down... though i think it still technically would "work" just a dumb idea to run it that way as opposed to finding another solution for "we need to add a bumpstop"

and yes, placement of bump on the arm would play a significant role in bending the arm as opposed to being mounted in arm or chassis.

apparently my brain can only focus on one thing at a time for the moment hahaha

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds