Ivy

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

chewy0288

Mega Member
Dec 11, 2011
near sacramento
Well I probably could have had the ranger linked by now. But I keep buying stupid dodge parts that aren’t even fun to use. One more dodge post, and then I’ll probably get back to the ranger during winter break. Also I sold the Willy’s. Didn’t want to but I doubled my money on it, so that’s how that goes I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chewy0288

Mega Member
Dec 11, 2011
near sacramento
Ran tough trucks last night, got 3rd place... But she drove in and drove home. So that’s cool. Ivy is lacking pretty bad in power and rear suspension. But it was fun either way. Also got to ride In the mudmaro (69 camaro with LS1 turbo charged, and nitrous sitting on an H1 chassis.) so that was pretty cool too. (Camaro was in the mud Boggs, not the tough trucks just to clarify)

I didn’t get many pictures. And I would upload the videos that I have, but I’m too lazy to upload to YouTube and link them here. Instagram is @yoitsdp if anyone wants to see the video of my run.

chewy0288

Mega Member
Dec 11, 2011
near sacramento
Finally picked up a rain gutter DD! I’ve been wanting one for quite some time now.
90 xlt 4wd 2.9L, d35 front, manual trans, manual transfer, manual hubs, cruise control, tilt wheel. And it came with a newer set of 31” M/T’s That will go on it eventually. Also came with a sweet Lund visor and red on red interior.

chewy0288

Mega Member
Dec 11, 2011
near sacramento
Well the old lady’s son is 14 so I thought it would be cool to get a project truck to get him off Xbox and out in the garage with me. So far we’ve done a full tune up, distributor, A/C blower motor, a few little odds and ends and alot of cleaning.

Driving the dodge 150+ miles per day was irritating me, so I plan to DD the truck to work until her son is old enough to drive. At that point it will be his to drive to school. But he will have to figure out a way to buy it (at a discounted price) if he wants to keep it.

Over all plans, in order of importance:

1. Get the engine running right. Still has a rough idle and pings badly under any acceleration, once it’s warmed up.

2. Interior is in great shape, but I’d really like it to be immaculate.

3. Still tossing around suspension ideas. Do not want to go over board at all. I want it to be very mild, but usable. Small lift, 2.0 king shocks, and radius arms? Basically just want to be able to fit 31s under it, ride nice, and be able to take it on little camping trips.

4. If we get this far with it, I would like to start on body work and paint. I always wanted a super clean rain gutter on 31s. The body is pretty hammered. And being that he will be driving it, I’m not sure I want to invest much into body work.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds