JF GMC "El Diamante Negro" Build

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Jun 2, 2008
Hemet, CA
Started the second pass on the arms on Friday. I'm still working on consistency but so far I'm pretty happy with how my tig welds are evolving for only doing it for a few hours on the weekends now. Much thanks to the husband for taking the time to give me pointers and adding some pressure/watching me weld.

Hoping to get the mini fenders and a few other things painted this week. Also trying to finish the interior panels so she can be looking good for the Tera Crew meet at the beach at the end of the month.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ljubera0250

Mega Member
Jun 2, 2008
Hemet, CA
We have been working on getting the truck cleaned up the last few weeks. I've been daily driving her the last couple of months and finally (with the help of my husband) prepped and painted the roof, mini fenders, and (new to us) rear driver's side door. I don't think she's looked this clean since the off-road mag shoot. I'm pretty stoked to have her looking all pretty again.

I decided to started playing around with Solidworks a little more this week and with a little help from the husband I designed a new skid plate to replace the old one that's been on the front bumper for almost 12 years and is looking a little beat. Progress is progress.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2008
Hemet, CA
Working on getting the truck cleaned up for Temecula Off-road Nights next Saturday. We finally had time to put the new rear door on and I designed a new rear panel in Solidworks today to replace the old beat up one. Plan is to hopefully get all the aluminum panels painted this week. Pretty stoked.

Last edited:

Latest posts

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds