KTM 350 anyone?

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
I don't think you can go wrong with either these days. THe KTM and Husky's are so good it doesnt matter. I would say that if you plan to have it as a desert/trail bike in CA buy something plated. Because being able to say EFFF YOU I'm plated is awesome in the desert or fire roads. There is so much awesome riding available if you're plated in CA... just my .02. They literally are moto bikes with a plate.... not some big clunky dual sport from back in the day.
That is my thinking. I have ridden enduros and they suck offroad and they suck onroad. The only benefit is they can (Barely) do both. I want a real dirt bike that I can drive down the street to hit the trails with. KTM/Husky seems to be the only option there unless you find those rare plated others that people have put the work into.

As mentioned my only concern is the non linkage rear suspension on the EXC. Not even sure if I would notice the difference or not but it is the nagging doubt left in my head. BUT the Husky FE 350 has the linkage so finding one of those would be the one. Bummer is those are even hander to find (Decent/used) then the 350 exc.

Mar 17, 2017
San Marcos, CA
The KTM/Husky are 100% moto bikes with plates (for the most part or very colse). They are a ton of fun... where you at in CA?

Other option... 05-07 CRF450x with low hours no plate, then plate the bitch in AZ. It is super easy and like 500$ at most. I am in the process now, but find used for like 3000-3500 and can put anouther 1500 in, Lights, stabililzer, tank etc etc. You are OTD $5000 roughly and have a baja machine?

dsrtrcr01

Jan 31, 2005
The KTM/Husky are 100% moto bikes with plates (for the most part or very colse). They are a ton of fun... where you at in CA?

Other option... 05-07 CRF450x with low hours no plate, then plate the bitch in AZ. It is super easy and like 500$ at most. I am in the process now, but find used for like 3000-3500 and can put anouther 1500 in, Lights, stabililzer, tank etc etc. You are OTD $5000 roughly and have a baja machine?
IM right in your neck of the woods. Live in Murrieta but grew up in VC/Escondido and all my friends have shops in san marcs and so on.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds