Mammoth Lakes Off Road trip Report (56k pack a lunch)

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Nov 26, 2007
1000 Oaks, CA
Went on a little mission last weekend with Tacoma World guys. Figured I'd cross post to get a little activity in here.

My write up of the trip...

The Squad and I rolled out Thursday night around 730 or so. Met up with @Sdtrueblue and his brother in law on the road just outside of Mojave. We made our way out to Lone Pine to the Alabama Hills. Set up camp had a few sport soda around the fire and hit the rack.

The next morning everyone was up pretty early.

Mark and Bret packed up camp and head to store and then on up to Mammoth to meet up with the rest of the group.

Kayla, Connor and I hung out for a little bit made coffee and enjoyed the views

My little guys and I played with the crawler for a little bit.

We packed up headed into town for breakfast. Ended up at the Totem Cafe... Food was pretty good and we had the whole patio to ourselves.

Fed and watered we hit the pike to Bishop. Gassed up and stopped a Kmart for a few forgotten items. Made a pit stop at mohangany meats and picked up a some sausages and it hit the trail to Mammoth....

Was a little bit toasty out but with AC on full kill was pretty much no big deal..

Saw a huge jackrabbit...

Nov 26, 2007
1000 Oaks, CA

Hit the benton crossing rd and had about a 20 min drive to camp.... 2pm we pulled into camp... said hello to a few guys.
Set up shop and got to work on some bacon wrapped items...

Trucks kept rolling in throughout the afternoon, as nightfall hit we hung out around a Coleman lantern as we opted for the no fire.... Had some sport sodas and some laughs. I hit the rack shortly after midnight.

Rise and Shine....

Yours truly doing the lords work.

Packed up the tent and headed to Laurel Lakes.

Group 1 heading up the trail

A little way up the hill Blue 2wd Taco lost momentum and couldn't get going again. We tried few different lines but was just too loose under the rock. So @butters_ spun around and we hooked up the umbilical cord and pulled him up to a turn out where we left the truck along with @Sdtrueblue 's truck.

And we were off again. Little Bonus line climb... Was actually pretty steep in 4hi 2nd gear. We barely made it up.

The views were okay I guess...

Nov 26, 2007
1000 Oaks, CA

First view of ze lake....

Couple more photos from down at the lake

After the trail Saturday, we decided it would be best to load up and head home after 2 rough nights with the little man. So hit the road home.

Good times.

ucd baja

#1 Pig Killer
Dec 16, 2008
Plainfield, CA
Looks like a fun trip, thanks for sharing E. After the petroglyphs and the slot red rock cyn area did the trail dump you out on the southeast side of crowley lake? If so i did that run years ago in the Xploder, I go to Bishop every year and have hit a ton of trails around there but never made it up to the Laurel Lakes area. I love the area north west of Mammoth along 395, sandy whoops and pine trees= win win!

Nov 26, 2007
1000 Oaks, CA
Looks like a fun trip, thanks for sharing E. After the petroglyphs and the slot red rock cyn area did the trail dump you out on the southeast side of crowley lake? If so i did that run years ago in the Xploder, I go to Bishop every year and have hit a ton of trails around there but never made it up to the Laurel Lakes area. I love the area north west of Mammoth along 395, sandy whoops and pine trees= win win!
Yep correct dumps you on Benton crossing. So bad ass up there. Can’t wait to go back.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds