MINT 2019

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

ucd baja

#1 Pig Killer
Dec 16, 2008
Plainfield, CA
Seemed like truck and buggy entries were down this year, obviously there were bikes which bumped the numbers up but can anyone confirm this or know why? I know of a few Norcal/Nv guys that usually race that didn't granted one of them blew a motor qualifying.

Feb 24, 2003
Las Vegas
Overall entries were up counting bikes but yes, car/truck count was down... Why?

Pure speculation but the 2 day split plus the 2 day tech may have driven some people away simply not liking the format.

What if you were in that Sunday afternoon race? Sure, maybe you can take Monday off work and it's no big deal but can everyone that volunteers to help on your crew also?

Other thing is the entry fees this year went up substantially in most classes... Substantially like $1000+ more and some almost doubled.

My team had already decided that we were taking 2019 off from racing so that I could focus on other priorities in life and I simply needed a break as I was getting burned out. It's no secret that I'm pretty much a 1 man show when it comes to the hands on portion of keeping our truck race ready. But even if we hadn't made that decision, I think we would've had to give it a good hard think on if we would've been willing to pay the entry fee. We could've raced an entire MORE or SNORE series almost for the cost of the entry fee + tracker at the Mint this year.

I've heard from some birdies that the increased fees are likely just a one year deal and they hopefully should be substantially less again next year but we'll see... Obviously going to 2 days increased the cost but heard there were potentially other costs that have risen as well and their options were to raise it a little and try to recoup over a couple of years or just rip the bandaid off fast, take the hit and backlash of the very noticeably increased fees this year and then get them back to a reasonable level next year and on... They ripped the bandaid off this year instead of dragging it out from what I heard.

Oct 5, 2014
Buena Park
Seemed like truck and buggy entries were down this year, obviously there were bikes which bumped the numbers up but can anyone confirm this or know why? I know of a few Norcal/Nv guys that usually race that didn't granted one of them blew a motor qualifying.
It seemed down on entries to me as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds