Oooooorranger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
Untill this thing names itself.. That name will have to do.

-1995 Ranger Extended Cab
-4.0 with JBA headers and full exhaust, 5-Speed manual transmission with Hurst short-throw shifter
-Jaz fuel Cell

Front suspension:
-Newline equal length kingpin kit
-Newline built "Engine cage", all bolt on.
-3.0x14" Race Series King Coilovers
-Fox 2.0" bumps
-Stock 80-81 F150 spindles with Newline steering arms

Rear suspension:
-Deaver G50's with BMS shackle (I Think)
-King 2.5x16" Tripple Bypass shocks
-Newline bolt in shock hoop
-Currie Full Floater, Nodular case with billet pinion support, 4.86's, spool, 35 spline axles, Speedway Engineering hubs, and Wilwood calipers

Cab:
-2" TIG welded cage built by BMS
-Sparco Evo II seats
-Carbon fiber dash with Lowrance, Race Radio, Intercom, RacePak cluster, and switches.
-Working heat and AC

The previous owner rolled the truck around this time last year. He drove the truck around in the Dezert for a few days after the roll, and then the truck went into storage. Fast forward almost a year, I now own the truck and am working on cleaning it up and fixing things. It's going to a shop in a few weeks for a new roof, fiberglass repair, paint, and windows. Hopefully it will also be street legal when it leaves that shop.

This is how the truck looked when I picked it up, still dirty for the roll.

Handed over the cash, and made a few phone calls to arrange for pick up the following day. My good friend Alon said he would pick it up and tow to it my buddies house in Lakewood where it would stay for a few days until I figured out a more permanent storage situation.

And here it is tucked away in it's single car garage for the time being.

Last edited:

oorracing

Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
bad ass truck forsure! whats the front track width? looks perfect
84" up front currently. The rear is the same I believe. I haven't measured it yet.

Did BMS build the bed cage?
Whoops! Forgot to add that. Newline built the bolt on shock hoops and rear bumper, and I believe BMS added the down tubes, bedside mounts, and spare tire mount.

oorracing

Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
wait what about the other truck you had ?
Which one?

This one got parted out and sold to a buddy who sold it to someone else.

Then I bought this one, which I sold to a buddy after he rolled his buddies truck and had to replace the cab.

Then I bought this one, and realized the frame was toast and that I couldn't exactly afford to build a full size the way I wanted to.. So I sold it to some dude who was replacing the cab on his F150 Prerunner. May or may not be the Post Prerunner? Unsure...

Then I had no projects.. Just hopes of building my F100. I'll build that truck someday

oorracing

Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
As I was looking over the truck, I found some loose hardware in various places. I could have just tightened all the loose hardware I found but in the back of my mind I would have been worried I missed a loose bolt somewhere. Rather than chance a potential failure somewhere I am going to prep each end of the truck before I take it out. Simple prep.. Disassemble, clean everything, paint/rust management, and reassemble with new hardware. The truck is currently in my back yard and will get moved to more "permanent" location where I can actually prep the truck one half at a time. In the mean time gave the back of the truck a major scrubbing.

I decided to remove the shocks and open them up.
The previous owner told me the shocks had just been rebuilt, but since I am a shock guy I had to take a peek anyways. The seals look new, but I could tell the shocks had been used by the condition of the oil. No big deal as I didn't want to run king oil anyways

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds