Oooooorranger

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

84prerunner

2:AM Fabrication
Feb 7, 2008
Covina CA
Previously i would have said 5/8 is great...however after the last year of working on a 1400 truck ive seen several 3/4" F911 bolts bend (torqued to 300ft lbs) on the upper links. luckily never sheared. Swapped them out to RPI bolts and it hasnt been an issue.

doyouquaxu

Feb 12, 2007
Previously i would have said 5/8 is great...however after the last year of working on a 1400 truck ive seen several 3/4" F911 bolts bend (torqued to 300ft lbs) on the upper links. luckily never sheared. Swapped them out to RPI bolts and it hasnt been an issue.
Shop anchor won't see the same stress as a 1400 truck.

Also, race truck vs play truck.

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
There are many other factors that can go into bending upper 4-link bolts like upper link spread. I'm not worried about bending bolts and if needed I'll order all RPI bolts for the suspension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcytech

Mega Member
Mar 16, 2011
There are many other factors that can go into bending upper 4-link bolts like upper link spread. I'm not worried about bending bolts and if needed I'll order all RPI bolts for the suspension Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i was just gonna ask if upper link geometry has anything to do with the loads the bolts see. id imagine upper links mounted at closer of an angle will see a huge increase in lateral loads

oorracing

<span style="color: orange;">DR Mod</span>
Jan 15, 2006
Long Beach Ca
i was just gonna ask if upper link geometry has anything to do with the loads the bolts see. id imagine upper links mounted at closer of an angle will see a huge increase in lateral loads
Bingo bango. It's like me pushing you over with your heels touching vs your feet spread apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds