Picture request: Stripped interiors

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^^^ so, Turdblo just so happened to remove the one piece that I was talking about that will REALLY help keep the roof from being a giant gong. Only gives up a tiny bit of height/tuckage on top b-pillar x-member. See below.

I kept this in G3(the big piece of 3d sheetmetal that is foam glued up to center of roof)... I didn't keep this in my first builds. And wow, what a difference.

Mar 29, 2017
Yucaipa
^^^^ so, Turdblo just so happened to remove the one piece that I was talking about that will REALLY help keep the roof from being a giant gong. Only gives up a tiny bit of height/tuckage on top b-pillar x-member. See below.

I kept this in G3(the big piece of 3d sheetmetal that is foam glued up to center of roof)... I didn't keep this in my first builds. And wow, what a difference.

I went for maximum tuck-age—gained about 5/8”. That piece that FuckingGNU is referring to wasn’t even bonded to the roof skin on the Mobza anyway, so I decided that we would cut it out and then bond the B-Pillar tube to the roof with seam sealer or foam. Roof will get Dynamat fo-sho.

Edit:
Fuck, you hacked out ALL the structure that attaches to that formed 3D sheetmetal piece! All it is doing is keeping the roof from acting like a tympani.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
I went for maximum tuck-age—gained about 5/8”. That piece that FuckingGNU is referring to wasn’t even bonded to the roof skin on the Mobza anyway, so I decided that we would cut it out and then bond the B-Pillar tube to the roof with seam sealer or foam. Roof will get Dynamat fo-sho.

Edit:
Fuck, you hacked out ALL the structure that attaches to that formed 3D sheetmetal piece! All it is doing is keeping the roof from acting like a tympani.

Yea, if that foam glue shit isn't attached anymore, probably doesn't help as much. I ran into same thing on that last cab I got. It was baked off from desert sun.

And despite it looking cut out... it's actually still spot welded to the panels in front and back and provides a good amount of structure. But yes, it basically just stops the roof from being a giant drum. (I admit, I had to look up what a tympani was ... although I am familiar with what the tympanic membrane is. HAHA)

I think it was Threat or someone who told me I should have left that piece after seeing my build. I didn't think it would make THAT much difference. But, if you go slap the roof on 2ghetto vz G3. It's a dramatic difference.

I'm sure the gratuitous use of dynamat would get the same effect though.

Now seam sealer from tube to sheet metal..... That sounds interesting actually. Wonder if that would work??

And look what happens ^^^^^ if you use the words naked or free labor around here. ahhaha

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds