Project 2 Ghetto Build Thread

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Travisfab

Staff member
Aug 21, 2003
San Diego
[QUOTE="Turboyota, post: 3945986, member: 103193".Who makes Autofab’s fiberglass parts? I have always heard great things about their quality and fitment.[/QUOTE]

It's one, old school guy that does everything from start to finish. It's all done in house on a lot smaller scale than the big guys.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
I am guessing a lot of dudes are like “what the fuck is CF???

Read as CRFP so they can GTS.

I offered FuckerNU a sweet CF shifter cover i made and he was like “Nah, bro, that shit would make my truck waaaay too light and fast, and i would lose too much traction from all the slippery panties being hurled at my truck.”
Shit fooo. That thing was waaaay too nice for my truck at the time!!! Now that I'm painting it maaaaybe? HAHAH.

But then I just plan to throw all that shit out and do a V8 swap anyways. Not to mention... the current shifter cover is actually Herculined right in place. Yea, not separately. It's glued down. Doh. Apparently I didn't plan on ever taking it out? LOL

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
Still waiting on getting in a fucking booth. Killing me.

Probably need to get a new grille too. Here is part number for my reference

So, I am way too restless and I can't stare at my truck and not do anything.... so started doing dumb shit. Wired in the Sierra LED for now. Hmm...brighter than their other ones, but I am still suspect for any high speed use. We will see.

Also been wet sanding for daaayyyyssss. Got sick of that... so decided to panel in the bottom of the "trunk" with some of my left over Aluminum

Apparently someone bought all the 5/16" trick tabs from ORW. So, I could only get 5x. Went ahead and mounted 4x until I can get some more tabs. I will probably spray bedliner on it when it's all done... to match the "luggage rack" I made.

FasterNU

Mega Member
Jun 28, 2006
San Diego
^^^^ I think we will actually be out in Ocotillo Wells or Superstition on new years.

Even if I don't get it painted... I think I am going to just throw a seat in it and play pretend race truck. I think i have your phone number right?

we should meet up for a thrash session.

maxwell279

Expert Member
Jan 2, 2012
Lakeside, CA
www.instagram.com
^^^^ I think we will actually be out in Ocotillo Wells or Superstition on new years.

Even if I don't get it painted... I think I am going to just throw a seat in it and play pretend race truck. I think i have your phone number right?

we should meet up for a thrash session.
Yes definitely! I’ll be there 28th to the 1st let’s link up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 1, 2018
San Diego
The paint itself will be better quality of bought in Mexico or Arizona. C.a.r.b. regulations have ruined paint sold in California. Find a painter who is up on game or buy it yourself. Or buy endura. That shit is bullet proof. I sprayed a dump truck with it and a month later the top rail was crushed but the endura held tough. Just dont try to fix runs. You will have a he'll of a time removing them. There is a guy on Vernon in el Cajon who sells it.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds