Project BroRunner

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Made a rear bumper the other day. Fiancé was out of town for the weekend with her mom so I had lots of garage time.

Made from 1.75x.120 erw

Original idea with 45° ish miter joints

Then changed me mind and made them a bit less drastic cause I thought it looked kinda shitty.

No need to tell me my welds look a little shitty, I’m well aware I’m no Helton. Haha

Hopefully start on the lower arms in the next few weeks. I don’t have any free time for the next week at least, doing wedding planning stuff and meeting with people about it almost every day for the next week.

I’ll be picking up some 33x12.5 bajas off turboyota next weekend when I finally get a break from doing wedding stuff. I’ll post updates as I go about making the lower arms. Have some good info thanks to turboyota so hopefully they come out decently.

Anyone know where to get prefab Toyota lower ball joint tapered pieces? Like the ones that BTF uses?

WW_RANGER_X

Leaf Sprung Fun
Sep 28, 2010
Visalia, Ca
The bumper came out clean man! Not sure if you are worried about it or it, but you probably don’t have room to weld on end caps now, so I’d opt for the push in style. I found some stainless steel caps at OSH that fit perfectly for my bed cage tubing, and they are actually a tight fit.

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
The bumper came out clean man! Not sure if you are worried about it or it, but you probably don’t have room to weld on end caps now, so I’d opt for the push in style. I found some stainless steel caps at OSH that fit perfectly for my bed cage tubing, and they are actually a tight fit.
Doooood i was thinking about that today while walking up to the thing after work. It’s not welded to the frame, uses four 1/2” bolts for the tow hitch mount so I’m gonna pull it off and weld in end caps when I have a little free time. But push in seems easier and worth the coin.

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Holy shit did you time travel back to 1987 to pick that up? That thing is cherry! The big old mig's rock nice find
Hell yeah man thing is perfect except one side has a little primer. Got it off my ladys dad and he said a San Pedro street cat pissed on it and it started making the paint bubble, so he wire brushed it and painted the spots with primer haha.

Can’t quite get it to not splatter, but I’m sure I just need a little more practice with it.

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
Hell yeah man thing is perfect except one side has a little primer. Got it off my ladys dad and he said a San Pedro street cat pissed on it and it started making the paint bubble, so he wire brushed it and painted the spots with primer haha.

Can’t quite get it to not splatter, but I’m sure I just need a little more practice with it.
Up your wire speed.

And by SP street cat you mean racoon? Lol those things are everywhere by the fish mart.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds