Project BroRunner

Welcome to DezertRangers
Join the community. Register today for all the benefits of membership.
Register

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Hmm that's interesting. I can't say I've noticed that before.
I’ll play with it tonight maybe.

From messing around with it I’ve come to find the best setting for 3/16-1/4” is tap 3 and ~70-80% wire speed. When I drop the voltage I need to really slow down to get good fusion. Maybe I should just learn to slow down, though. Haha

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
I’ll play with it tonight maybe.

From messing around with it I’ve come to find the best setting for 3/16-1/4” is tap 3 and ~70-80% wire speed. When I drop the voltage I need to really slow down to get good fusion. Maybe I should just learn to slow down, though. Haha
I like welding slower I find I have much better control and my welds turn out more consistent.

the bodj

1st post pg805
Mar 4, 2010
Moorpark
Keep us updated!

My 110v lincoln 140 welds nice and slow and I'm able to see the puddle fill in nicely and can accurately stop that "dime" and move to the next one. My 220v lincoln 180 doesn't seem to like welding slow (unfortunately). I know I need more time turning dials on it. I have settings currently that are 'good enough' for now. But I do feel rushed and it tends to get a little more sloppy.

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
Keep us updated!

My 110v lincoln 140 welds nice and slow and I'm able to see the puddle fill in nicely and can accurately stop that "dime" and move to the next one. My 220v lincoln 180 doesn't seem to like welding slow (unfortunately). I know I need more time turning dials on it. I have settings currently that are 'good enough' for now. But I do feel rushed and it tends to get a little more sloppy.
Same boat with this 220 Miller. I’ll keep ya posted the more I mess with the settings.

Horunner

Aug 10, 2014
I haven’t done anything cool to this in a whiiiiiiiile. Been working a lot and saving money to buy a house.

I did however acquire three hella 4000s the other day.

Only going to use two till I get around to making a front bumper. Using a little light bar I got at the swap meet about 8 years ago that had four German amber hella 550s on it. Cool little bar, it’s tig’d and is well made.

Anyway here’s a nearly useless bump but a bump nonetheless.

Latest posts

Today's birthdays

New Threads

New Classifieds

latest desert trips

Member Builds